How to fold Origami Paper Crane
One of my favourite ways to kill time when I'm waiting for someone in the mall or restaurant is to fold origami. I also do this on my idle time when I don't want to touch my phone or gaming console. You can find paper anywhere, in all shapes and sizes which allows you to make origami wherever you are. Now let's learn how to make a paper crane.
- Start by cutting whatever paper you have into a perfect square. Tip is to fold the larger portion of your paper into a triangle and cutting off the excess.
2. Fold your paper into a triangle. Then fold that triangle in half to make a smaller triangle.
3. Open as illustrated, make the tip on top reach the bottom tip wich folds into a square. Do this on the other side as well.
4. Time for the tricky part, open as illustrated, fold the sides to the center, you'll end with a diamond. Do this for the other side as well.
5. Flip the diamond inside out. this will reveal the parts of the crane.
6. Fold up the wings.
7. Form the head by folding it 45degrees from the neck as illustrated
8. To make it stand, hold the crane in its' base. Curl the wings 45 degrees from the base of the tail. Hold on to the base of the neck, pull the tail upward 45 degrees. Tbis will pull parts of the wing into the base making the illustrated pose.