Kids Craft : Paper Plate Owl
How to make OWL by paper plate.Click thumbnail to view full-size
Owl for helping kids study.
When I was a child, my aunt gave me an owl pendant. She said Owl is the symbol of study and it will help me to study well. She was a high school teacher and she had a lot of knowledge. The owl pendant was a kind of classy gift (not cute gift) for a little girl, but I kept the owl pendant to help me study.
I used to teach Japanese to small children and this craft was the one of the project we created. I told the children the story of the owl and told them to hang the owl in their room to help them study well.(Smile)
It is a very simple and low cost for the class project.
Have fun making the owl with your children!
Things you need.
- 2 paper plates
- Yellow, White and Orange paper
- Pencil ( pen )
How to make the paper owl.
- Draw the ears of the owl on the one of the paper plate and cut out the shape.
- Cut the another paper plate in half. These are going to be wings.
- Cut out the yellow and white paper for the eyes. Make yellow circle bigger than the white one. Clue on the plate as eyes and draw the pupils.
- Cut out the triangle from orange paper for owl's beak. Clue on the plate also.
- Flip the paper plate to the back side and tape the wings and a string.