- Arts and Design»
- Crafts & Handiwork
Free Kite Patterns, Instructions and Kits to Make at Home
Kites are a fun outdoor activity
Kites are a fun anytime project
Kites are fun to do anytime, either on rainy days or simply days where there is nothing to do. Kites can be decorative only, where they are made for placing on a wall or bookcase for display, or for flying outdoors. For these links, all that is needed is paper (usually copy paper), string, craft tools for the decorating (scissors, colors, markers, etc), tape, and if required thin bamboo rods for stability and strength.
Kite Crafting Books
Great Free Kite Crafts: Simple Paper Crafts
- Gomberg Kites: The Bumble Bee
Simple instructions celebrating National Kite Month.
- DLTK: Kite Craft for Kids
Easy paper kite craft.
- Skratch-Pad: Make a Simple Diamond Kite
How to make a simple diamond kite.
- First-School: Kite Coloring Page
A diamond shape kite that can be colored.
- How to Make a Fast Kite with One Sheet of Paper: 12 steps - wikiHow
wikiHow article about How to Make a Fast Kite with One Sheet of Paper.
Great Free Links for Advanced Kite Making
- Bubble Generators for Kites
Bubble generators that are used for kites.
- Rolloplane - a 1940 Balsa Rotor Kite Plan
How to make a Rolloplane kite.
- Square Flake Kite Instructions
How to create a square flake kite.
- How to Make Box Kites | eHow.com
How to make a box kite.
- Easy Kitemaking: How to Build a Pyramid Kite
How to make a Tetrahedral Kite.