New Year's Resolutions - A creative twist
Any Time New Year's Resolutions
In my eyes, new year's resolutions can be looked at many ways. It has been a while since I diligently made any so last December I felt inspired to take a twist and try something new.
Rather than create very concrete goals I want to accomplish this year, I chose to focus on qualities in my life experience that I want to nurture and nourish through out the year. The inspiration I received happened to be while coloring with my kids!
Check them out and create some of your own; it's never too late to take the time to put your attention on what you DO want in life.
Benefits of getting playful with Resolutions
- Using creativity and art to bring your resolutions to life may actually help you achieve them
- Rather than make a list and stash it somewhere, put them up on the wall to remind yourself pleasantly of your intentions
- Sometimes we feel defeated if we don't "attain" our New Year's Resolutions, making them a little simpler and more fun can help us have a winning sensation when we realize it's "all in fun"!
Ideas for getting started
- Bring out some art supplies you would enjoy: crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, clay, anything! (If you feel like you're not really artistic just pick something that you would feel happy trying - this is for fun!)
- Think of what you are unhappy with in your life - okay, just stay there for a moment.
- Now that you've brought the unpleasantries to mind, think about what you want in your life - as specific or general as you like.
- If you like to, visualize for a moment what that would look like, feel like, dream a bit.
- Get started! Use your chosen art supply to make that dream come to life.
- This is not about perfection, but creating something that will bring you a reminder and joy when you look at or touch it.
Have fun and let me know if you try it!
About Rainbow Recognizer
Amy Phoenix is a gentle, yet direct parenting guide and healing facilitator dedicated to sharing insights and practices to transform frustration and anger, heal the past and nurture conscious relationships – to appreciate all aspects of life. Visit her at www.innatewholeness.com.
Related Hubs you may enjoy
- New Years & Resolutions
I am in search of the perfect New Year's resolution. I am not looking for anything fancy. I want a plain and simple one. My only criteria for it are: a. Simple. Nothing too complicated like go to level...
- New Year Resolutions for Parents
Whether you think you're a great parent, or not so much, there's room for improvement. New Year's may be the time to take a look at your parenting and resolve to improve. Give Yourself a Break The worst thing...
- Resolution or Personal Mission Statement?
I don't usually do the whole New Year's Resolution routine. I know it works for many people and there is a great feeling about having a fresh start, but I know from experience that resolutions usually don't...