Craft: Butterfly Clips and Popsicle Stick Dragonflies for Your Fun Event.
Design your own patterns on the wings
This is one of my favorite spring craft. Coffee filters absorb colors pretty well and make perfect butterfly wings.
You can paint or draw any design you like on the filters. You can just dip into the water which you dropped/colored watercolor paints or acrylic color paints too.
Decorate the room with butterflies clips for any spring parties and give them as gift for your guest. You can do this project as a party project too. Your guest would love to bring home something creative original art.
Things you need
- 2 Triangle Coffee Filter
- Glue (Hot/Cold Glue Gun) or Dot Glue
- Craft eyes
- Craft puff balls
- Pipe cleaner
- Water color or Water based Marker
- Dryer ( If you need to dry faster.)
How to make the butterfly clip
- Cut out the coffee filter for the shape you like.
- Paint or Draw the coffee filter wings.
- Brush with water to blur the paint.
- If you are hurry, dry the wings with the dryer.
- Fold the wings to adjust the size to the clothespin.
- Glue the wings to the clothespin.
- Glue the pipe cleaner as butterfly antenna.
- Glue the 3 craft balls.
- Glue the eyes.
How to create a butterfly by coffee filter.Click thumbnail to view full-size
Popsicle stick dragonfly
Things you need.
- 3 popsicle sticks
- 2 wires/chenille, pipe cleaner
- 1 Construction paper
- 2 craft eyes
- Colored pens
- Wire cutter
- Glue (craft clue or hot glue gun)
How to make dragonfly
- Cross 2 Popsicle sticks for the wings and glue together.
- Apply 3rd profile stick to the wings as a body and wire them with 2 chenille wires.
- Cut the chenille wires as legs.
- Cut the construction paper for base of craft eyes. Cut like infinity shape. (Number 8 size way.)
- Glue eyes on the construction paper.
- Glue the eyes on the body.
- Color and design the way you like.
Enjoy making crafts with your family and friends.
It is important to have a quality time with your family and friends. Make some times to create something to achieve good relationship.
Most important thing is the memory, fun time you spend with your family and friends, not how your craft completed.