- Arts and Design»
The Importance Of Figure Drawing Art In Today's Art
Figure Drawing Art Books And Resources On Amazon
Why Figure Drawing Could Be Important In Todays Art
Figure drawing is a very important aspect of todays art, because it aids the artist in that it is one of the key methods of observation and seeing is a large part of what art is about.
Figure drawing is important because a lot of art is all about drawing figures and portraits especially if you draw them quite often, characters and people make up most of the best paintings of the past and you'll notice the very different styles of that era of the renaissance, so it is in effect that figure drawing is very important indeed.
Just think of everything that an artist must learn and figure drawing comes into the equation very often and here are the top 5 reasons why this is imprtant for todays art:
- Learning to draw figures could help things to be drawn to scale, together with other elements that actually bring together paintings and pieces of art as a compositional whole.
- Drawing figures in movement could help you to sketch quicker whilst out and about on your artistic travels and this will help you build up an understanding of dynamic figure drawing.
- Studying other peoples styles in figure drawing could give you the right kind of motivation to draw your own figures, so others art is influential to your own.
- Adding figures and people to landscape scenes just makes sense and could justify the painted scene you create and by learning to draw different types of people, make you as the artist diversify and understand how to draw varying sizes and ages of peoples body forms.
- Full portraits make up 60% of popular figure drawing and head portraiture art, so take this into account for your way of learning figure drawing and include it into your daily art routines.