Top 10 tripods for amateur photographers
Unless you have been living in the medieval ages, it is very likely that you have already seen a tripod and know what it is. Also, since you are reading this hub, it means you have a fair idea about how important it is to photography. But, just in case you don't know, tripods are those tall and thin structures that are used to support your camera, and are used for a variety of purposes by photographers, some of which include:
- To place your camera at a position which would be hard to maintain with your hands without support. For example, keeping your camera at your chest level.
- Placing the camera at a fixed location for extended periods of time (to make a movie for instance)
- Placing the camera at a fixed location for multiple shots (to make a stop motion animation)
- Several digital cameras already come with motion blur removing technology, but if you want crystal clear photographs that have absolutely no motion blur, it is still advisable to use a tripod.
- When you start using heavier and larger lenses, it becomes increasingly difficult to maintain a steady hand and angle.
So, now that you know how important it is for professional level photography, lets check out the top 10 tripods, that are simple and easy to use, and whose costs do not put you off.
The Mini Tripods
The larger Tripods
This is a 50-inch tripod, with extensible, 4 section legs. The head can be titled to any angle you need. You can place the slightly bigger cameras on this, but not the really heavy ones. Ideal for indoors only, as it is very light weight.
So, now that you know about all these tripods, just start experimenting and embark on your journey to become a professional photographer, or even a movie-maker. But remember, this is just a tool. Professional photographers are really skilled with just their hands too, and not using a tripod provides you with a lot more flexibility with regards to angles and lighting.
It is you who must decide what is right for the particular photo or video that you are making.