Towel origami-making a Balinese flower from a dinner napkin or bath towel
A dinner napkin
Balinese paper or fabric flower
Balinese paper or fabric folded flowers are beautiful. You don't have to be super creative to make these. These are simple to make and can really compliment a fancy dinner party, baby showers, cocktail parties or even place-settings at events like weddings, or conventions. The best size fabric to use, I've found are paper napkins, towels, or fabric napkins. The more square the starting piece of fabric the better. Also, using spray starch or crisp clean fabric the easier to fold. This will be easiest to fold and retain its shape. These take less than 4 minutes each to fold, and with a little practice you can crank them out like an assembly line.
You can even add trinkets, candies, or place cards to the center to make them even more elegant, interesting, or thoughtful.
I've noticed that this simple towel origami inspires great conversations starters! They are great conversation pieces, and icebreakers.
A giant Balinese flower out of a king size sheet
A quick how to video...
More towel origami!
- Towel origami-a cool way to fold a towel for guests
This is a very quick and pretty way to make things extra hospitable for out of town guests. This is a very easy form of towel origami often used at hotels, but equally nice to do at home.
- Gather your fabric or material
- Lay the piece flat
- Fold in each corner
- Fold in each corner again
- Flip the entire piece over
- Fold those corners in
- Reach under each corner and flip them out to form the flowers
- Finally, reach under and flip out the triangular corners for the petals
- Lay flat in desired place setting and decorate!
- What kind of engagement ring should you shop for?
If you and your fiancé decide to shop for rings together, it can be fun, informational, and you'll both end up happy.
- How to sew your own beautiful and unique wedding vei...
You don't have to spend much to make your very own beautiful wedding veil for your special day...
- Where To Buy A Wedding Gown for 1/2 Price Or Less!
Wedding gowns come in many styles, fabrics and cuts. In a US bridal store it's not hard to spend thousands on a dress. But now you don't have to...
- How To Make Your Own Wedding Flowers
Making beautiful wedding flowers is not a difficult task and it will save you a lot of money. With a little time and patience, you can have the arrangements you always dreamed of!
© 2013 Rebecca