Unique German Silver Jewelry Nepal
GERMAN SILVER JEWELRY FROM NEPAL
German Silver Jewelry
There are many types of silver available. Some of the types are pure silver, German silver, oxidized silver, sterling silver and silver plating. Among these types of silver, German silver is quite popular for jewelry items and decorating home items. German silver is also known as nickel silver. The amazing fact about German silver is that the material does not actually contain the actual silver. So, the question is, why is it called silver and why does it comes under the categories of silver items. Well, the answer is German silver is made by mixing together copper, zinc and nickel which forms various alloys which resembles silver is color. As, the material is not a silver at all, it does not tarnish. Besides, jewelry, German silver is also used to generate variety of other products, from musical instruments to accessories for hair.
HOW TO CLEAN GERMAN SILVER JEWELRY
- Use water and clean cotton cloth to get rid of the dust and dirt in your German silver jewelry item. Be careful on not to use excess water. Excess moisture is not good for silver item.
- You can use silver polish to regain the shine of your jewelry. Gently rub onto the surface and apply with a cotton cloth.
- Brass cleaner also comes handy while cleaning German silver Jewelry.
- One of the good homemade cleaner is the mixture of lemon and table salt. You need to be careful while using this mixture. Rinse the item as quickly as you apply the lemon salt mixture.
Where can you buy these items
- Third World Craft Nepal, fair trade handicrafts producers exporter of Nepal |nepalese handicrafts |
Third World Craft Nepal promotes Nepali artisans, who make there living by selling hand crafted products. Your purchase with Third World Craft will help thousands of Nepali artisans to fulfill their basic needs.