- Arts and Design
Cat Bearding for the Bored | A Crazy Craze
Cat Bearding for the Dog Days of Summer
This introduces you to the cat bearding craze. A properly held cat can make a fine fashion accessory. Check out the photos, the videos and learn how you can can take up cat bearding.
The dog days of summer mean silliness and tom-foolery and lazy fun. It's a time when your favorite hobbies just don't cut it and you want to let loose with something wild. Good news, then. Put away your knitting needles, your scrapbook paper, your beads and your woodwork.
Grab a cat, preferably a house cat and not a lion or jaguar, and take up the latest craze of cat bearding.
HUH? Cat Bearding?
It's the latest Internet craze. You know how it goes. Somebody does it and posts a picture and faster than you can spit up a hairball, everybody is cat bearding and bragging about it.
What do you do? You hold your cat so the head is under your bottom lip. The cat's body hangs downward, giving the appearance of a beard. Then you take a picture.
Oh, and most importantly, remember to post your pictures on the Internet, making full use of all social media sites.
The gal in the picture is cheating, if you ask me. True, she has an absolutely adorable cat. It looks like a Persian. The gal is a super cute cat herself, plus the way the cat curls around her neck is SOOOO darned sweet.
Nevertheless, for a purist like me, she is is cheating. True cat beards are made with the cat's head under the mouth and the body hanging down.
Some people are always looking for the easy way out, if you ask me.
Will you be cat bearding anytime soon?
Step by Step Instructions
How-to do Cat Bearding
Cat bearding may sound simple to do, but in practice, challenges may occur. To master the craft, follow the steps below.
1. Obtain suitable cat.
2. Acquire suitable camera person, or try the time lapse feature on your camera if you dare.
3. Bribe cat with belly rubs, tuna treats and promises of a catnip reward.
4. Pick up cat, placing cat's head under your bottom lip, with cat's body hanging downward.
5. Clean up broken ornaments and spilled coffee that occurred during Fluffy's successful escape.
6. Wash the scratches and claw marks on your hands and legs and apply antiseptic.
7. Repeat until photograph is obtained. Better yet, take a video.
8. Upload photograph to Flicker, YouTube, MySpace, FaceBook, Twitter, Blogger and any others that you can think of.
There. Easy, wasn't it?
No Cats Are to be Harmed!
Use humane, ethical methods to sedate Tabby and convince her to participate. Belly rubbing may work.
Getting Kitty to Co-operate
Subdue, Sedate Not Medicate
Some practice may be required when encouraging a reluctant feline to act as your beard while being photographed.
It may be necessary to sedate or otherwise subdue Fluffy to ensure his or her cooperation.
Good way to sedate kitty-cat
1. Rub his belly
2. Scratch the back of her ears
3. Offer tuna treats
Really BAD way to sedate kitty-cat
1. Stun gun
2. Your leftover Prozac
3. Johnny Walker
Cat Bearding FAQs
Please read the FAQs before submitting your question to technical support staff. If your question is not answered here, open a support ticket and expect a catty response within several weeks.
- Is cat bearding truly a form of craft?
Yes, absolutely. It's right up there with cow tipping.
- What type of cat should I use?
It's a matter of preference, but I would go with a domestic house cat. True, jaguars, lynxes and tigers are exotic but some challenges have been noted when using them for cat bearding.
- What color or markings work best?
I would look for a colour or pattern on the cat that best compliments your skin tone and hair colouring. Consult your local Mary Kay representative for tips on color coordination.
- Could I just Photoshop the cat into the picture?
Gasp! Absolutely not. Cat bearding via Photoshop is SO yesterday.
Cat Bearding Video - Patience May be Required
Links to Cat Bearding Sites, News and Pictures
Shouldn't you have your own blog showing your very own pictures showing how you wear Fluffy on your face?
- Cat bearding: Everything you need to know about the hottest feline craze - The Globe and Mail
Six years after the Lolcat craze, it seems the Internet is ready for another feline meme phenomenon
- Cat Beards & Bearding | The New Trend
Cat bearding has suddenly become popular and viral among social media. People hold a cat in front of their face to make a cat beard.
- "Cat Bearding" Finally Combines Cats, Cameras and the Internet
The sudden new craze called "cat bearding" has made us realize that it is always futile to claim the Internet has hit a new low, because as soon as you make such a pronouncement, something like "cat bearding" comes along to remind you the Internet w
- Cat bearding: The purrfect new Web meme | The Sideshow - Yahoo! News
- The 25 Most Epic Cat Beards Of All Time
Cat bearding! It's that thing where your cat is also your beard...