How to Sew and Stuff a Paper Goodies Pouch
Sewing With Paper is Easy!
Making paper goodie pouches is a super simple holiday or special occasion project that can be completed quickly with very minimal costs. You can stash all kinds of good stuff in these pouches.
They can be filled with candy and handed out as favors at holiday parties. Send some with your child to school on special occasions.
Sew a bone-shaped pouch and stuff with a few for fur kids of friends and family. (A fish shaped pouch filled with kitty treats for the felines too!) How about making a bunch of these pouches to donate to the animals at the local animal shelter or rescue? dog biscuits
Let's get started! :)
- brown paper roll
- red or green sewing thread
- small items to put in pouch (candy or small gift)
- sewing machine OR
- sewing needle and thread
- craft scissors
Which Goodies To Stuff?
First you have to select the goodies. Their size and shape will dictate the completed size of your sewn goodie bag.
1. Decide the size and pattern of the paper pouch. Trace or freehand a design large enough to encase candy or a small gift.
Set the stitch length on the machine halfway between basic stitch and a basting stitch. You want the stitch to lay smooth on the paper.
2. Straight stitch around the entire outline, leaving an opening large enough to easily stuff the pouch.
3. Put the candy or small gift into the opening of the paper goodie pouch. Try not to overstuff; you will need room for the sewing machine needle to move freely.
4. Sew the opening closed after the pouch is stuffed.
Then using utility or crafting scissors, cut outside the sewn line about 1/4 inch all the way around.