- Arts and Design»
- Crafts & Handiwork
Knitting with Music
An Intersection of Knitting and Music
When you are an avid knitter living with a musician, you try to find ways to merge your hobbies (or at least design gifts for your significant other that merge them!) The result? Music Knitting Patterns!
My significant other requested that I knit dinosaurs playing guitar into his custom Custom Christmas Stocking. I was more than happy to oblige. Many other people are interested in music knitting patterns, and I have assembled a series of these free patterns in this lens.
In this lens I'll share with you both music and knitting projects that I've found are located at the crossroads of music and knitting.
Musical Knitting Patterns - Free Knitting Patterns by ChemKnits
- Keith's Stocking with a Dinosaur Playing Guitar!
A different Dino on each side of this Christmas Stocking
- Guitar Playing Dinosaur Knitting Charts
One has a hat, the other doesn't. Inspired by the work of Frank Wu.
- Keith's Guitar Chart
I made this chart and put it on an earmuff headband for him.
- Free Parking Armband
The logo of the popular Cambridge, MA band is charted onto an armband.
Some inspiration to create a gift for your favorite musician.
- Music in Heart Chart - As the title suggests, there is a heart that surrounds a musical note.
- Treble Clef Chart - Author's title is a music symbol.
- Music Illusion Scarf - Illusion scarves are fantastic, you only see the design when you hold it at an angle, otherwise you just see horizontal stripes!
- Musical Notes Dishcloth - Surrounded by a border, shown in textured K and P stitches.
- Musical Note Chart - Designed for an Ipod Cozy
- Fingerless Gloves "Musica" - Wristwarmers for musicians, short enough for not hindering in playing instruments.
- Note Wrist Warmers - A simpler pattern than the previous one.
- Mikkel's Piano Scarf - BRILLIANT! The stripes on this scarf look like piano keys.
- Piano Scarf II - You will need to create a free ravelry account to view this pattern
- Piano Scarf III
- Piano Hat - What is a scarf without a matching hat? You will need to create a free ravelry account to view this pattern
- Ipod earbud covers - A very fast small knit project, would really only work if your ears were larger than your earbuds.