Selling Artwork, Crafts, and Supplies on Zibbet
What is Zibbet.com and how can you make money on Zibbet?
Zibbet is a website where you can buy and sell art, crafts, vintage goods and supplies, similar to websites like Etsy and Artfire.
But selling art on Zibbet isn't exactly the same as these other sites. There are a few key differences (no fees being one of them!) which you'll see throughout the page.
This page is to help you get started selling art/crafts on Zibbet and to give you a bit more information to help you decide if selling on Zibbet is right for you.
Already see the value in being a part of a rapidly growing artisan marketplace?
So let's get started!
Does Zibbet Have Fees?
The answer may surprise you.
Unlike sites like eBay, Zibbet has NO fees involved with listing or selling your artwork. In fact, Zibbet has no fees of any kind! How's that for refreshing?
To lay it out clearly, Zibbet has:
- No listing fees
- No selling fees
- No third-party advertising on your shop page
If you want a premium membership (which gives you a bunch of important additional features which we'll talk about in a moment), there's a membership price of $7 a month, but you're always welcome to make use of a free membership for no cost whatsoever.
When Zibbet first started in February 2009, the arrangement was to charge 7.5% of your sale. This is no longer valid! There are NO fees whatsoever when you list or sell an item on Zibbet!
What you get on Zibbet for the price of a cheeseburger
how $7 gets you 30 days of unlimited earning potential
Since Zibbet is growing rapidly and is still in its early stages of ramping up as a great new place to sell art online, early birds like you and me get to benefit enormously.
Right now, a premium monthly membership on Zibbet is $7.
You can go back to a free membership any time if you decide a premium membership isn't worth it. (but for the price of a sandwich for 30 days of full customization, social media integration and more, it's probably worth it, don'tcha think?)
There are less than 350 premium Zibbet memberships available at that price, with new memberships getting snatched up each day.
After that, the price jumps to $15 a month, but anyone getting in earlier gets the $7 rate forever, no matter what.
Here's a cute shop by premium subscriber stacyjean (notice the colors - you can customize all sorts of things with premium memberships!)
Let's learn about what features you get in a Zibbet premium membership that you don't get with the free version
- List Multiple Quantity for Items
- Rearrange the Items in Your Shop
- Add Custom Widgets to Shop - you can refer people to your blog, twitter account, Facebook page, even Etsy mini (you can link to other art and craft sites like Zibbet with no worries.)
- Add Video & Images to Profile
- Display Favorite Feedback in Shop
- Sales Mode - want to run a %20 off weekend sale? Do it in two seconds and have all your prices automatically reflect the sale with no need to edit listings or retroactively discount your customers one at a time like other sites require.
- Copy an Existing Listing - sell similar things? Save time from typing everything out over and over for the sake of changing a color or size, and copy your whole listing in 1 click so you can change only the small things you need to change. For art sellers like me, this is awesome.
- No Long-term Contracts - you're never required to stay at the premium level if you decide it's not for you.
Want to try it out with all the premium treats for free for 30 days?? Enter 30FREE when you sign up (this offer will only work until March 3, so get movin'!)
Still need convincing?
Let's say you list 5 necklaces for $50 each on another art site at $0.20 fee per listing.
5 x $0.20 = $1
Now let's say you renew each listing to show up at the top of your category for a few moments 5 times in your first week of the month.
5 items x 5 relists = 25 relists x $0.20 = $5
Now let's say you sell 2 of the necklaces. You must now pay the other site a sold listing fee of 3.5% for each item.
$100 x 3.5% = $3.50
You still have 3 necklaces that haven't sold that you'll continue relisting for $0.20 each time.
by this measurement, you've already spent $8.50 in your first week of the month.
A $7 flat rate at Zibbet means that you can do whatever you want, sell as many items as you want at any price, with no need to relist, for the same flat monthly rate.
Zibbet Selling Benefits
Here are a few benefits I see to giving a premium membership at Zibbet a shot right away:
- You get to be part of something from the beginning. Undoubtedly, prices will rise as the site gets more popular. By getting in early, you save a lot of money in the long run.
- The customer service is great - Zibbet is active on twitter and other places, happily answering seller questions within moments. Even the company CEO provides you with his own personal email if you have any questions, and says he will reply within 24 hours. How cool is that?
- Zibbet is transparent. It doesn't discourage sellers from having other online venues for selling their work, and it doesn't even discourage Zibbet sellers from directly listing other places customers can find them online. Zibbet is invested in sellers' success regardless of where it comes from, and that freedom makes it appealing.
- No fees. Ever.
- Special features like coupon codes and sales mode allow sellers to offer their customers more options and incentives for shopping
- The referral program makes it possible for every new premium subscriber to enjoy a premium membership for free FOREVER.
- The Zibbet pool of sellers in each category isn't yet saturated. It can be hard to stand out on bigger, more well known sites. At Zibbet, at least for now, each new person that joins can feel like a bit of a Zibbet VIP.
- did I mention no fees?
- If you'd like to learn more about being a seller on Zibbet, please click the image below to visit the site!
Here's another premium seller's shop: BlackHeartJewellery
Why You Shouldn't ONLY have Zibbet
plant your seeds in many places
Now before everyone goes jumping ship from their current art websites to flock to Zibbet, I am not saying that everyone should strictly use Zibbet, nor am I claiming that Zibbet is the best possible site to sell your art! I don't know that yet because I haven't been a member for long enough to tell but I know I'm really excited about where it's going!
Zibbet is a great supplement to the efforts you're already making online, or if you haven't tried any online marketplaces yet, scoring a premium membership on Zibbet for free through the referral program would be a perfect way to get started!
By planting a seed in many places, over time through genuine networking and brand development (and of course developing more awesome products and providing top notch customer service), you can expect those seedlings to grow!
Are You Ready to Try Zibbet?
If you think you're ready to take the leap, give it a shot!
(remember, if you enter 30FREE you get to try all the premium features for free for a month with no strings attached. I wish I knew about this when I joined!)
visit Zibbet to get started!
If you have tips you'd like to share, or if you'd just like to submit your shop for others to find you, feel free to do so here!