Summer Fun Crafts For Kids
Summer Crafts For Kids
Summer Fun Crafts For Kids provides you with an interesting array of crafting ideas to make this a memorable summer. With lots of free time on your hands (or not) you can spark your creative engine with these tips. I have spotlighted several craft kits that are perfect for summer fun. So... gather your children, family & friends and get ready to make memories you can cherish together forever. I have found when crafting with children that one simple idea leads to the next. Use your imaginations together and enjoy the process.
Mom... I'm Bored
Summer is a magical time for children. School is out... let the adventure begin. Keeping your children happily entertained is another matter. Eventually..."Mom... I'm bored," is heard by mother's and caretakers worldwide. The tips I have provided are simple ideas to get you started, and easy to implement with a busy schedule. But let's face it, crafting is often messy business. Consider taking your projects outside. Gather your supplies in a tote and head to the backyard or local park. Start good habits early. Make sure everyone participates in the clean-up. Children often get very excited with their finished project and are off racing to share their work with the world. Gently remind them that working together and cleaning-up is part of the process
Perfect Prints For Your Craftroom
Summer Crafts For Kids- Ideas
10 Tips To Get You Started
1) Visit the mountains, the beach or your local "Nature Walk". Take a bag or pail for collecting treasures like rocks, shells, driftwood & leaves. Check for local restrictions. Later you can use these treasures to decorate boxes, frames and wreaths. Use your imagination and come up with a creative way to display your finds.
2) Spruce up your backyard & garden. You can make rock creatures, stepping stones, small signs, and bird feeders.
3) Buy some inexpensive terra-cotta pots to decorate for summer plants and flowers. Personalize your pots with paints, or glue on trims, such as charms, buttons, or ribbons.
4) Check out yard sales for chairs, benches, small tables, & other items you can repaint for decorating your home indoors and out.
5) Prepare a traveling craft box for those long summer drives. Paper crafts, sewing, and beading help pass the time when traveling.
6) Plan a "Create A Beautiful Picture Picnic." You can pack watercolor paints & pencils or crayons for the trip. Don't forget some yummy snacks and paper.
7) Make garden markers. You can decoupage seed packet fronts to a small rectangle of wood and attach to a dowel.
8) Have a tye-dying party outdoors. After the shirts dry, each guest can take their creation home to wear all summer long.
9) Don't forget to take photos of all your summer fun. Decorate frames & then enjoy those photo's all year long.
10) Purchase a plain wooden birdhouse and decorate it with acrylic paints. Your feathered friends will feel welcome in their new home.
Live Butterfly Garden - Witness one of nature's most spectacular transformations!
Did you know that painted ladies (the butterflies, that is) taste with their feet and have 10,000 eyes? You and your kids will be fascinated by all you learn about these beautiful creatures with the Butterfly Garden from Insect Lore.
Insect Lore Live Butterfly Garden
This Butterfly Kit comes with a relatively easy to assemble observation chamber, butterfly feeding supplies, an ifnformative book of clear insructions
A booklet with Butterfly facts, and a certificate for 3-5 lady caterpillars is also included.
Enchanted Fairy Garden Kit
Grow your own magical miniature fairy land. Plant the seeds and beans; water and Hannah the fairy will help you from there.
Melissa & Doug Build-Your-Own Wooden Birdhouse - Fun For The Birds Too!
Here is an easy to assemble birdhouse for you and your child to assemble and decorate. Your feathered neighbors will love their home-tweet-home! Wooden panels, screws, 4 pots of paint and brush included.
Alex Silkscreen Factory - Easy Way To Silkscreen
Alex Silkscreen Factory is the easy way to silk screen. Just snap in the silk, slide in the stencil and print. It works on T-shirts, bandanas and cards. This includes 14 stencil designs, silk sheets, 4 bright colors of ink and easy instructions. It comes with a bandana to get you started.
Make Your Own Cards by Made By Hands - Inspire Young Imaginations
Art kits that inspire young imaginations! Your child will love creating unique and vibrantly-colored greeting cards, holiday wishes, thank-you notes and invitations. Contains over 500 Pop-Outs!TM (fun and easy pop-out shapes), 20 cards & envelopes, and a glue stick.
Make Your Own Stepping Stones - Make Personalized Gifts For Family & Friends
Create your own beautiful stepping stones with our Make Your Own Stepping Stones. This is great for kids to make personalized gifts (think: handprints) that make grandparents proud.
Creativity For Kids Mini Windowsill Garden - Quality Art Project For All Ages
How does your garden grow? Find out with your very own miniature windowsill garden. This adorable mini ceramic garden set includes two pots and a watering can, plus a tray to hold them. Paint the windowsill set with ceramic paint in any design or pattern you like. There's also a set of tiny garden tools to paint too. Soil and seeds are included.
Happy Customer Says-
"This is a fun gift for an artsy, garden loving girl, boy or grown woman of any age! The paints cure on their own after a week. It's an adorable little set that you can also use to hold little pots of african violets or other tiny potted plants. I love it. "
Thread Art - Make Amazing & Colorful Geometric Designs
Make amazing and colorful geometric designs with thread. Kit includes two art plate bases, five thread rolls, instructions and suggestions on further use of thread art creations
More Summer Crafts For Kids
10 More Tips To Complete The List
11) Organize your craft supplies. Purchase some plastic boxes and labels.This will save you a lot of time when gathering your stuff for your next great work of art.
12) Talk about water safety as you head to the pool, ocean, lake or stream. Don't forget to pack some buckets and simple containers if your destination includes a sandy area for building sandcastles. To guard against sunburn slather on the sunscreen. Decorate an umbrella for your trip.
13) Create some easy scrapbooks with construction paper and your best-loved photos and artwork. Using a paper punch and yarn, twine or ribbon bind your sheets together in a " My Best Artwork " book.
14) Make nature bracelets with your cherished outdoor finds. Place a ring of masking tape, sticky side out, around your wrist. ( leave some room for your wrist to bend) Gently stick your treasures such as; bird feathers, clover, ferns and tiny flowers on the tape until you have filled the entire bracelet.
15) You can decorate your silverware handles for a special " Summertime Meal " with oven-bake clay such as sculpey. Use bright summer colors to make flowers, bugs or geometric designs.
16) Pick a fresh bouquet of flowers to display in one of your yard-sale finds,such as a colored bottle or a nifty vase.
17) Create a base for birdbaths and garden gazing balls, by stacking various sizes of terra-cotta flower pots and gluing with construction adhesive.
18) For a fun swim tote, purchase a canvas tote bag. Draw a simple design and embellish with fabric paints, beads, buttons and embroidery floss.
19) Make sun-glass cases for your family with bright felt rectangles stitched together on three sides with embroidery floss. For extra sparkle embellish withrhinestones.
20) Make some noodle necklaces. Paint your noodles with acrylic paint for extra pizzaz. Use clear fishing line or waxed thread for stringing.
Make A Wind Chime - Nice Rainy Day Project
Be creative! Paint the mini pots with your style. Turn them into colorful and lovely home décor that everyone admires! This fun kit lets you build your own windchime. Includes two terra cotta pots, paints, brush, chime rods and lines, hanging cord and complete instructions.
Funbrella Umbrella Kit - Stylish Umbrella You Paint & Decorate
Make a splash outside with this stylish kid-sized umbrella! Raindrops will keep falling on your art! Make a rainy day a fun day when you use a zany umbrella you decorated yourself. Includes umbrella and five bright weatherproof markers. Paint the panels and fill in the illustrated areas with sparkling glitter paint.Weatherproof paints will last through rain and shine!
Alex My Wooden Flower Press
Decorate a flower press and then press your favorite flowers and leaves! Craft handmade cards, gift tags, bookmarks, scrapbook pages and more! Attach pretty ribbons to your gift cards to decorate presents. This award-winning kit provides fun for all seasons!
Celebrate The Carefree Days Of Summer
Creating crafts together is a wonderful way to spend quality family time and create treasured memories. Celebrate the carefree days of summer and make the most of warm-weather days by creating a new craft together.
All of the David Mkee prints are available at Allposters.com
Thanks for visiting!
Your comments are welcomed and appreciated!