- Arts and Design
BEAUTIFUL TWIG WREATHS FOR A RUSTIC LOOK INSIDE OR OUTSIDE
For a rustic natural look, the twig wreathcan be a beautiful answer. It can be made of twigs alone or with leaves, flowers, berries, pine cones, ribbons and bows - whatever the wreath designer can imagine. By adding flowers and berries, bows or other decorative items, you create color and the decorations can be significant for a specific day or occasion.
Because twigs are bendable, they are easy to work with if you choose to make your own twig wreath. Whether the twig wreath is made of silk flowers or dried berries, it can add some color and elegance to any room. This natural look can add warmth to any room.
With the rustic look, twig wreaths are especially attractive on a patio. Whether you make the wreath or buy it, these are special beautiful gifts. You will find a huge selection of these gorgeous wreaths online at Amazon.com with affordable price tags.
PIP BERRIES AND TWIG WREATH - Unique and attractive for rustic decor
This is absolutely beautiful. The pink daisies give the MELROSE TWIG WREATH just the right amount of color.
MAKE A BEAUTIFUL TWIG WREATH
WHAT YOU NEED:
Twigs (about 55-60)
Glue gun and glue sticks
Decorative items such as dried flowers, pine cones
MAKE YOUR WREATH
1) Trim the twigs to about 10 inches, vary slightly for a natural look
2) Separate twigs into eight bundles, about six twigs to each bundle
3) Cut two pieces of florist wire into 4 inch lengths and wrap a piece of wire about
two inches from the end of each bundle
4) Place four bundles on your work table in the shape of a square, then place the other four bundles across the corners of the
first bundles at 45 degree angles
5) Cut eight 5" pieces of florist wire and connect the bundles at the eight points where they overlap
6) Cut eight 18" sections of jute twine and wrap and tie the twine around the wire at the intersections of the bundles
7) Glue the ends of the twine to the back of the wreath out of sight
8) Glue some wispy branches to the intersections of the wreath for a natural look
add any decorative items (flowers, bows, etc.) to the wreath using the glue gun
9) Cut a length of twine and loop around the top bundle, tie a knot and you have a hanger
10) Hang your beautiful twig wreath and grin with pride
After you have made a twig wreath and discover how easy it really is, you can make wreaths for friends and family. Making these wreaths can be a great family project.
Ace Jute Twine 147
Stanley Hardware V2674 24GA Floral Wire, Green
Surebonder DT-280 Dual Temperature Full Size Glue Gun
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR TWIG WREATH
Before you hang a new twig wreath, spray the wreath with a light coat of furniture polish. This will keep the wreath clean longer and will also make it easier to clean during the weekly dusting.
Each week take the wreath down and vacuum the front and back with a brush attachment or a hand-held vacuum. The key to success is a gentle touch. Be careful as you clean around any decorations on the wreath.
In addition to the weekly cleaning, you should actually wash the wreath once or twice a year. Wash the twig wreath in warm soapy water, rinse in warm water and place on newspaper until thoroughly dry. If the wreath has decorations on it, you may need to remove them before washing. If the wreath is a year old, this is probably a great time to replace the decorations with something new. Before you re-hang the wreath, spray it with a light coat of furniture polish.
Old English Furniture Polish Spray 12.5 fl oz
SIMPLE RUSTIC DÉCOR
Sometimes less really is more and so it is with rustic décor. It is easy to gather twigs, pine cones, berries and other gifts from nature to decorate your home, cabin or patio. Making a twig wreath is probably one of the easiest projects to undertake.
You will be amazed at the final results when you use nature to help you decorate. This is really effective during the holiday season or when you let nature enhance your patio or a cabin.
TIPS FOR MAKING A TWIG WREATH
PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS