Things To Do For Your Kids on Valentines Day
Spending Valentine's Day With Your Kids?
What better way to spend Valentine's Day than with the little people in your life that you care about the most? If you're looking for ideas on what to do with your kids on Valentines Day, you've come to the right place. Here you'll find crafts, recipes, and other things to get the most out of Valentines Day with your children.
Recipes for a special Valentine's Day breakfast
Here are a few recipes that both you and your children can appreciate on Valentine's Day. My kids love them and I'm sure yours will too.
Chocolate Strawberry Smoothies
Ingredients you'll need:
* 2 cups frozen sliced strawberries
* 1/2 cup non-fat milk
* 1/2 cup pineapple juice
* 1/2 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
* 1 Tbsp. semisweet chocolate chips
* 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Place frozen strawberries in the blender or food processor first.
2. Add milk and juice. Top with remaining ingredients.
3. Puree until smooth, stopping to push fruit down into the blades of the blender, if necessary.
Makes 2 servings.
Heart Shaped Eggs in a Basket
Ingredients you'll need:
* 2 slices bread
* 1 Tbsp. butter
* 2 large eggs
* salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat an electric griddle to 350 degrees or heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
2. Place 1 teaspoon of butter on the griddle.
3. Use a cookie cutter to cut out a heart shape in the center of each piece of bread.
4. Butter one side of each piece of bread, including the cutout pieces, with the remaining butter.
5. Place the bread, butter side down on the griddle.
6. Break one egg into a small dish. Gently slide it into the hole of one of the bread slices.
7. Repeat with the remaining egg and bread slice.
8. Cook until the egg is golden on the bottom, a minute or two. Gently flip to cook on the other side, about 1 minute.
9. Flip the cutout pieces of toast to cook on the other side until toasted, another minute or so.
There are so many more ideas that you can come up with for a Valentine's Day breakfast. A few more quick ideas for a very simple Valentine's breakfast are:
* Instant oatmeal with hearts drawn in strawberry squeeze jelly
*Cereal with heart shaped marshmallows
*Heart shaped french toast
*Heart shaped waffles with cherry sauce or strawberries on top
Crafts For You and Your Kids
Oracle of Love
Courtesy of Family Fun Magazine
* 1-inch diameter Styrofoam ball
* White craft foam
* Permanent marker
* Hot glue gun
* Small, clean glass jar with lid (we used a baby food jar)
* Teflon tape (if needed)
* Crayola Model Magic clay*
1. Gently form the Styrofoam ball into a cube by pressing it against a table with your thumb.
2. Cut 6 hearts from the craft foam and write an answer with permanent marker on each one, such as "Yes," "No," or "You bet." Attach these hearts to the cube with hot glue.
3. Place the answer cube in the jar and fill the jar with water right to the top. Close the lid tightly and test for leaks. If your jar isn't watertight, wrap Teflon tape around the jar's threads before closing the lid.
4. Cover the jar with Model Magic clay, leaving the bottom of the jar clear. Roll small pieces of Model Magic into snakes, and use them to decorate the outside of your oracle with hearts.
5. To use your oracle, keep it lid-side up as you ask your question, then turn it over to learn the answer.
* We recommend Model Magic for this project because it stays slightly flexible after it dries. Other clays can crack.
Courtesy of Family fun Magazine
* Scrapbooking paper or card stock
1. For each, cut three heart-shaped petals, two leaves, and two flower centers from scrapbooking paper or card stock.
2.Poke a small hole in each, crease the petals as shown, and slide the pieces onto a lollipop stem. Tape the bottom to secure.
You're a sweet heart
Our friendship is blooming
Be my bud-dy
Ribbon Guy Valentine's Day Card
craft from familycrafts.about.com
* Construction Paper
* Crayons or Markers
* Craft Glue
Fold a piece of paper in half to form the card. On the front of the card, make a person by using ribbon for the arms and legs and cutting out different sizes of hearts to make the body, head, hands, and feet. Write whatever you want inside the card and give it to someone special!
Adults aren't the only ones who can enjoy a good romantic movie. Here are some great kid-geared movies that everyone can enjoy on Valentine's Day. Which ones are your favorite?