- Hybrids, Electric & Alternate Energy Vehicles
2015 Audi Q5 Hybrid - The Remodelling of an SUV
The Audi Q5 Hybrid Quattro
The Audi Q5 Hybrid - Integrating fuel efficient technology with a Sports Utility Vehicle concept.
2015 Q5 Hybrid Expected Launch
The introduction of the 2015 Audi Q5 Hybrid into the car market will officially be carried out sometime in 2014 where many car enthusiasts anticipate exciting changes. The latest 2015 Audi Q5 Hybrid will be redesigned from its predecessor focusing on the upgrading of several aspects.
The most notable change will be in its hybrid engines which will power the updated version of the SUV. As the term hybrid suggests, the 2015 Audi Q5 will come in four different varieties of powertrains. Each capable of shifting through eight speed automatic transmission that provides superb power to all four wheels.
- At the starting level is a 2.0 liter turbocharged 4 cylinder engine that provides 211 horsepower and 258 lb/ft of torque.
- For the more power hungry users, a 3.0 liter supercharged V6 engine is provided. Capable of producing 272 horsepower and 295 lb/ft of torque, giving a rate of 18/26mpg for fuel efficiency.
- Added to the list is the new 3.0 liter turbodiesel V6 which packs a 240 horsepower and a good amount of 428lb/ft of torque.
- The variety of hybrid powertrains adds on the to the basic model of the Q5’s turbocharged 2.0 liter 4 cylinder with an electric motor that generates 245 horsepower and 345 lb/ft of torque. On top of this Audi Engineers added an electromechanical steering to all Q5 models to minimize fuel consumption.
Engineers from Audi decided to focus their development towards improving passenger and driving comfort. To achieve this, a few inches of space was added to the vehicle making the car a little bit larger than before. Considering that the Audi Q5 Hybrid is a SUV sedan, it is one of the most popular line of AUDI that is out in the market today.
To maintain and surpass their leading edge, Audi Designers and Engineers have doubled their effort in pursuit of their objectives. Audi officials not only had comfort in mind, improved fuel efficiency and a list of other features were included in the design of the Q5 Hybrid as well.
In terms of passenger capacity, the hybrid SUV can comfortably seat 5 passengers in its luxurious equipped interior. Passengers will also enjoy listening to the Advanced Bang & Olufsen Sound System that is also incorporated in the interior of the vehicle.
Aside from the improvement of its looks, features for driving enhancement have also been installed. For safe and convenient driving, the 2015 Q5 Hybrid will be fitted with real time Navigation System traffic information, Multi-Media Interface, no-key entry, and advanced warning among others. For its wheels, the vehicle comes with 18” wheel as part of the standard equipment, 19” and 20” are also available.
While aluminium durable steel material have been extensively used to ensure durability and weight efficiency, this will also affect the price of the unit.
Assembly and Pricing
Meanwhile in the aspects of assembly, Audi enthusiasts in the U.S. will be excited to find out Audi officials will be putting up a $1.3 billion car plant outside of Mexico City. The assembly plant will have production capacity of 150,000 units or more per year.
As for the price of the 2015 Audi Q5 Hybrid, we can expect Audi to set its price above the current version of the Audi Q5 which would likely start within the range of $40,500 and above.
2015 Acura TLX
- 2015 Acura TLX – The Fusion of the TSX and TL Model
A closer look at the 2015 Acura TLX
2015 Subaru Outback
- 2015 Subaru Outback – Elevating The Cross-Over Segment
What to expect with the 2015 Subaru Outback