2020 Bentley Continental GT Convertible Review
In this article I will be reviewing the fastest four seater convertible the Bentley Continental GT Convertible, capable of reaching a top speed of 207 miles per hour. Stick to the review to find out all about this luxurious convertible and find out whether or not it's worth your consideration.
Let's start this review by talking about the engine options you get with the new Bentley Continental GT. So the new Bentley comes in a V8 and W12 version.
The W12 has a 6 liter 12 cylinder twin turbo engine with a 635 horsepower and 900Nm of torque. It has a 0-60 time of 3.7 seconds and a top speed of 207 miles per hour.
The V8 has a 4 liter twin turbo with 550 horsepower and 770Nm of torque. It has a top speed of 198 miles per hour and a 0-60 time of 4 seconds.
Let's now talk about the interior of the new Bentley Continental GT. The interior of the new Bentley is no short of pure luxury it's really an ostentatious cabin to sit in there's loads of leather here and there you have got leather on the dash on the doors and shiny trims going all around the interior. There are shiny bits of real metals such as the gear selectors which adds to the poshness of the car. Apart from the wood veneer on the dash you can also get the carbon fiber one which in my opinion gives the car a sportier look. The seats of the new Bentley are obviously really comfortable to sit in and you can actually choose the way you want your seats to look such as the quilted diamond finish.
From the looks of it the new Continental GT does look like a typical Bentley with it's huge grill and the Bentley sign. The car gets matrix led headlights as standard you can also get the car with the black pack which means that the grill and the boundaries of the headlights will then be in black.
The side profile of the car is not that sleek looking. It looks quite bulky in my opinion though there is a pair of bold crease on the sides I don't think so they do a nice job at making the car look sleeker. As standard you get 20 inch alloy wheels on the V8 and 21 inch alloy wheels on the W12 version.
At the back you have the typical Bentley led tail lights. The V8 model has twin exhaust pipes at the back whereas the W12 version has one single huge exhaust cylinder on both sides. Being a convertible the Bentley has a fabric roof and Bentley claims that it can be put up within just 19 seconds and you can actually do it when going at speeds up to 30mph.
The infotainment on the new Bentley is taken from the Porsche panamera. The screen has a decent amount of brightness.
One problem however though is that the buttons on the screen are quite small so it can be hard to navigate through settings while you're driving thankfully you do have the physical buttons and dialswhich makes the job easier. You do also have the satellite navigation and the system is quite responsive and does not lag that much. You do also get the heads-up display in the new Bentley Continental GT.
So the new Bentley is supposed to be a four seater but to be honest it really is not. Adults wouldn't be able to sit comfortably in the back as the knee and head room is quite tight you can have children in the back but for adults it may be considered as a luxury torture cell.
Let's now talk about the boot. So the boot comes with a handsfree opening. Now the boot itself isn't large it has 235 liters of capacity which actually is less than the coupe version.
The car does however has a good amount of in car storage spaces such as the glove box is huge so are the door bins and you have two massive cup holders as well at the front and the back.
Good things about this car
There is plenty to like about the new Bentley Continental GT so here is the list of the cars amazing features.
- The new Bentley has a smart driving system what that basically means is that when you're going somewhere slippery the car can send 38 percent of the power to the front wheels whereas in normal driving the car is rear wheel biased and can send up to 83 percent of the power to the rear wheels.
- The new Bentley is fitted with luxurious air suspension so you can raise the car's height when going over bumps. The car also has adaptive dampers which continuesly changes to make sure that the ride is silky smooth.
- You can also get the car with active anti roll so that there isn't much body roll when the car is going through corners however it's an option on the v8 whereas on the w12 you get it as standard.
- There is also torque vectoring by braking so as you go into a corner the brakes on the inside wheels nibble at the disc a bit to slow down the car so that it gets easier to turn.
- The air suspension has three chambers which increases the air volume by 60 percent which makes the ride more comfortable.
- Apart from the heated seats you also have heated arm rest and there is a vent on the seat which blows warm air to keep your neck warm.
Annoying things about this car
There isn't much there to hate about the new Bentley Continental GT but there are some things the car lacks which can be annoying when you are buying a car this expensive.
- The new Bentley comes with apple car play but does not have Android auto.
- The car has a 20 gallon tank which means that according to the 22mpg the car has a range of about 460 miles which isn't really that good it could have been a bit more.
Although the new Bentley comes with a lot of features as standard there is still a long list of options you can fit on this car such as the nam stereo system which has 18 speakers and 2200 watts and costs £6600.
Then there is a touring specification which includes night vision, the heads up display and an adaptive cruise control system for £6300 you can upgrade to the massage seats as well which costs £3200.
The new Bentley Continental GT convertible starts from around £169000 for the V8 version the W12 version starts from a whopping £182000.