Best Places to Advertise Your Used Car for Quick Sell
Sell Your Own Car and Pocket the Profit - "Used car demand could increase by 5% in 2018, based on an article on Tire Business."
Selling your own car will most likely gain you the highest profit because you have no overhead cost, but a dealership has to bear the overhead. Selling your own car can be a rewarding experience if you plan ahead and know the best places to advertise. I have included the best places to advertise your used car for quick sell. The list includes seven places to advertise your car in your local market and online.
Selling your car is easier than you might think. The most difficult thing about selling your car is preparing your vehicle for sale. Your car has to look and drive the best it can without spending a mint to put it up for sale. A clean car inside and out, is extremely valuable. Most buyers want a car that is ready to be driven on the road immediately without doing any work to it.
List of Best Places to Advertise Your used car for Quick Sell:
1. Facebook Marketplace. Quickly moving up the ranks as the best site for selling practically anything is Facebook Marketplace. This site is proving to be a trusted and reliable site to buy and sell stuff. With no fees, and using the option of no shipping, it's a win win situation. The best part about FB Marketplace is that it puts a face to the seller/buyer to see by linking to your personal profile.
2. Craigslist - free to list. Craigslist has been around a very long time, but is has a great reputation for "now" buyers. If you want something now - to sell or buy - get ready for a whirlwind spin to act quickly when buyers see your vehicle posted. If your item is a good buy and set at the right price, it will move quickly - even if it is an older model.
3. eBay. Ebay has a huge reputation to connect buyers and sellers all around the world. Buyers bid on items they want to purchase. You as the seller have to: have an account with Ebay; set up the sell with the description of the vehicle along with photos. Photos are extremely important in selling a vehicle. Take excellent photos that show the details of your vehicle. You can use your camera phone to do so. You decide how long you want your vehicle posted for bidding. The longer the bidding process, the better chance you have at getting your highest price for the vehicle. You also decide if your want a "buy it now," price or a "reserve," price. A buy it now means that a buyer can buy at that asking price without bidding. The reserve price is the price the seller will not accept anything less than for the vehicle.
Shipping and handling. When you advertise your sale, you decide if you want to sale local or out of state. Local buyers can pick up the vehicle, but out of state buyers will need shipping. If you get an ambitious buyer, they will come to you (drive to you) to get the vehicle. Shipping through a third party is cumbersome but can be worth the hassel. The cost of shipping varies from company to comany......cost ranges in the hundreds of dollars. Note: eBay takes out a small chunk, a fee for using their service and advertising.
4. Cars.com. Cars.com has 4.9 listings and is a great source to sell your car. They have different packages with a low starting. This is a good choice, because there are no large fees to incur.
5. Auto Trader. Auto trader boasts 16 millions viewers on their sight - that's a lot of viewers. So if you are looking for a huge audience, this is the place to go. Go to their website and learn more.
5 Tips to Sell Your Own Vehicle
Where have you sold your used car?
6. Newspaper. You can advertise in your local newspaper to get attention from your local audience. Since this medium is intented for local viewers, your vehicle should be a common vehicle that is easy to sell. If you are selling a rare vehicle, you will want a global audience viewing and vying to purchase your prized possession.
7. Offer Up 3.3 millions users. Local selling to peers for all kinds of goods. This is another site to observe and pay attention to as it grows. But when you need cash fast, go here.
8. Letgo 6 million monthly users - Similar to Offer Up, this site is quickly moving up the ranks as a go-to site for selling and buying goods. Users from all walks of life look to this peer site in exchanging goods and services.
Final thoughts: Take precautions when selling your vehicle. Never meet buyers by yourself to show your vehicle. Try to avoid accepting cash if it is over about $500 - because you may be accepting counterfeit bills - only accept Cashiers Checks, Registered Checks or Money Orders. Get a non-refundable deposit if a buyer is interested in purchasing your vehicle and will not have the money until a few days later. Lastly, always be friendly, courteous and professional when negotiating a deal. I wish you much success on the sell of your next vehicle!