Biomass Commodity in Malaysia
Palm Kernel Shell
Saw Dust Pellet
Biomass in Malaysia
We are living in an age of modern science. We use a vast amount of energy everyday to make our life comfortable. Biomass is one of the greatest energy resources in the world. In fact, biomass will be the main source of energy in the near future. So everyone should be well-acquainted with biomass.
What is biomass?
Biomass is a special type of converted energy. In the developed countries biomass is becoming important for both heat and electricity generation. Tree, grass crops, forestry, agricultural and urban waste trees, yard clippings, wood chips and similar things are some of the sources of biomass energy resource. Some of these elements can be recycled and turned into biomass energy. Sun light provides energy that is stored on the elements of biomass and is preserved for the future.
Biomass in Malaysia
We know that in Malaysia, there are plenty of trees, forests, garden of palm trees etc. All are the sources of biomass energy. So we can say that Malaysia is enriched with biomass energy resources. In fact there is no other way to develop Malaysia than developing it by making use of its biomass energy resources.
Source of biomass in Malaysia
There are many sources of biomass in Malaysia. These are described below in sequence
1. Empty fruit bunch: The abbreviation of this word is EFB. EFB fibre can be collected from palm oil mills. Empty Fruit Bunch (EFB) can be converted in pulp fibres for the manufacturing of paper. Raw EFB fibre has always high moisture content in it. It is also not advisable to load it on ship
2. Palm kernel shell: PKS is one of the important sustainable energy resources of Malaysia. Palm Kernel Shells can be considered like a natural pellet and it is a high grade solid renewable energy resource. PKS has a very low ash and sulphur content. Due to that produces low moisture. It is very easy to transport it. But the supply is limited.
3. Mesocarp fibre: The yellowish red oily flesh portion of a palm fruit is called mesocarp fibre. Mesocarp Fibre is used as biomass fuel for steam boiler. This is very suitable for heat retrieval. Mesocarp fibre occupies a very small portion in biomass industry and has no capability to provide for all the energy needs.
4. Rice husk: It is a vital biomass energy resource. However it has high silica concentrations and is also light in weight. Rich husk is not a very suitable biomass energy resource.
5. Coconut fibre: In Malaysia, peoples are losing their interest in seeding coconut trees. Rather they now plant palm trees. Because of this there is a scarcity of coconut fibre in Malaysia.
6. Wood chip: There are plenty of trees in Malaysia. Wood chip is one of the most important sustainable energy resources in Malaysia. The price of wood chip is increasing day by day.
7. Wood pellet: Wood pellet is one of the raw materials of biomass energy resource. It is used just like wood chip.
8. EFB pellet: EFB pellet is one of Malaysia’s newly manufactured pellet products. EFB pellet is new in Malaysian biomass energy resource. It is also low in price.
Malaysia is a country in South Asia. Malaysia is a mix of the modern world and a developing nation. The biomass industry in Malaysia is booming.
- EFB Pellet - Biomass Renewable EnergyBiofuel Resource
EFB pellet is a biomass renewable energy, DST is the EFB pellet supplier in Malaysia. The EFB pellet is a compressed from EFB fibre from palm oil process.