2015 Ford Mustang Review: A Must-Read Guide for Buyers
Ford Mustang: Background and Overview
Ford Mustang is an American automobile of 50 years of history, manufactured by Ford Motor Company. As you might already know, Ford is the most famous and well-known American car brands. Also, the Ford Mustang made the class pony cars, a sports car like coupes. Also, it gave rise to competitors such as Chevrolet Camaro, Pontiac Firebird, and AMC Javelin. And, it inspired the design for some other coupes. Cars like Ford Capri and Toyota Celica were most likely manufactured with the Ford Mustang design in mind.
Ford Mustang is a 2-door vehicle and it's available in various body styles such as fastback, hatchback, convertible, 2+2 seat coupe. The mustang was initially made in 1963 as a 4-seater vehicle "Mustang 1" concept car based on the second generation North American Ford Falcon which was a compact car. In 1964, the initial model had evolved into a 2-seater vehicle"Mustang 2" prototype. At that time, Ford was pretesting how much the people would take an interest in the first production model. In 1965, Ford had launched the most successful edition of the Ford Mustang.
Ford Mustang went through multiple transformations until it evolved into the current 2015 Ford Mustang. The recent 2015 Mustang has lots of specs and features that all pour into your benefit as an owner and driver. Features such as the Sync with MyFord Touch, Blis, EPAS, Adaptive Cruise Control, plus the all-new body contribute to delivering an all-new, enhanced, and secure driving experience.
2015 Ford Mustang Specs
When considering buying a Ford Mustang, you will find 3 main categories that are defined by the kind of engine being used; GT, EcoBoost, and V6.
- GT: The new 5.0L V8 engine (Which is assigned for the Mustang GT models) is more powerful than before. Using 93-octane fuel, it churns up to 435 horsepower, 400 lb-ft of torque, and can return almost 16 city/25 Hwy/19 combined mpg. Also, it features new intake and exhaust camshafts with increased lift and larger intake and exhaust valves.
- EcoBoost: The Mustang's first-ever, All-New 2.3L EcoBoost engine (Turbocharged four-cylinder) is delivering a marvel power using 93-octane fuel as it churns up to 310 horsepower, 320 lb-ft of torque. Plus, it's considered the best-in-class as it can return almost 21 city/32 Hwy/25 combined mpg.
- V6: The 3.7L V6 engine is one of the most remarkable engines of Mustang, which strikes an ideal balance of power, displacement, and efficiency and churns up to 300 horsepower, 280 lb-ft of torque. Also, it can return almost 19 city/28 Hwy/22 combined mpg.
Besides, the 2015 Ford Mustang has a new independent rear suspension, which provides better cornering and improves its overall ride.
What makes 2015 Ford Mustang so special?
- The 2015 Ford Mustang is a well-calibrated car which comes with outstanding technologies in the form of packages and features such as SYNC with MyFord Touch, the performance package which is assigned for the GT and EcoBoost models only, adaptive cruise control, blind-spot warning, cross-traffic alert, and forward-collision alert.
- The 2015 Mustang is showing off powerful Powertrain, new double-ball-joint front suspension, all-new fully independent rear suspension, and improved pitch control during hard acceleration and hard braking.
- With its classic pony-car looks, hunkered-down stance, and shiny surface, the iconic Mustang preserves a legacy that defines American motoring. Also, with the soft interior trim and materials, there is enough headroom and legroom for the back seat passengers, but for taller people, it could be barely fit. Besides, the fastback version has a 13.5 Cu-ft while the convertible version has 11.4 Cu-ft of cargo volume. The back seats can also be folded flat to accommodate larger cargo or luggage or to give you a way out by crawling through the trunk.
- All of the mustang's categories are offered with a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic.
- It will make you feel the rush like never before.
- It provides precise handling and control while enjoying a smooth suspension.
- You can customize the driving preferences as you like using the selectable drive modes. With four-modes you can toggle between four settings; normal, sport+, track (race), and snow/wet.
- Using one of the toggle switches that are located in the center stack, you can adjust the steering effort as needed. As you can get various steering feel; comfort, normal and sport setting.
- With the Sync With MyFord Touch feature, the mustang can use your mobile phone to enable you to make calls or listen to whatever on your phone using voice commands.
- The 2015 Ford Mustang is equipped with a high-resolution rearview camera and a high-resolution backup camera.
- Various models are available for different buyers.
Octane Number V.S Cetane Number
Octane number (Also known as octane rating) is a number which indicates the performance (Namely, the compressibility) of the engine or aviation fuel.
Fuels with a high cetane number are used mainly for diesel engines.
Fuels with a high octane number are used in the high performance petrol (Gasoline) engines, the higher the octane number, the more compression the fuel can withstand before detonating (igniting). Petrol (Gasoline) engines use a high octane rating fuel because they rely on the compressibility of the fuel. Why? Because petrol engines require higher compression ratios as they compress both the air and the fuel as a mixture without igniting, which are then ignited at the end of the compression stroke using spark plugs. Therefore, high compressibility of the fuel matters mainly for petrol engines. Keep in mind that using a fuel with lower octane numbers for the petrol (gasoline) engines may lead to a problem with the engine such as the problem of engine knocking.
On the other hand, fuels with lower octane numbers, but high cetane numbers are used mainly for the diesel engines (Also referred to as compression-ignition engines) which do not compress the fuel, but rather compress only the air and then inject the fuel into the heated air which is heated up by the compression process.
The 2015 Ford Mustang is a well-calibrated vehicle that preserves the mustang legacy for up to 50 years. With its various models, you can find the best version that suits your needs and preferences.