How To Get Myself To Drive Again
Why Should I Drive Again?
Stay-at-home moms have this fear of taking up driving after a long time.Whatever the reason,they have learnt to be driven around and suddenly one fine day,they find that now,with kids around,they need to use the car to get around town shopping,going to the doctor's,getting to school,or maybe,simply drive the kids to the park or skating rink.She may even want to take up a new job on the other side of town.
I myself,happened to be in a similar situation,and so,take it upon myself to encourage you and all those who wish to get their cars out of the garage and be independently driving ,....safely of course.My dad taught me to drive when I was 16 and I did not need to drive regularly at that time.I always got driven around in the family car so,the need never arose until I turned 40.So,after all those years,the desire to drive and be on my own was the motivating factor.My husband enrolled my daughter for the driving classes,and I went along with her.Both got our licenses to drive at the same time,and I am proud to say that we were the cynosure of all eyes at the driving school.Today,my daughter drives off in one direction and I can drive myself to anywhere without worrying or making arrangements of having me picked up.
Tips On Getting More Confidence
- Enroll in a driving school if you must.
- Get your family to back you by giving you confidence.
- Begin by making sure your license is valid.
- If the need arises,get a friend or family member to sit beside you as you try your hand at driving again.
- As you slide into the driving seat,take a few minutes going through the motions of running a car smoothly.
- Make sure your seat is adjusted according to your height.
- Learn to coordinate hands and feet.
- Check the rearview mirrors.
- Let your feet differentiate between the accelerator pedal and the brake pedal.
- Know how to apply the hand brake.
- Test the reverse gear.
- Fasten your seat belt.
- Turn on the ignition,check the rearview mirror,remove the hand brake.
- Slowly,move forward in your driveway and reverse as well.Apply brakes.
- The 2nd day you could try the street in front of your home.
- The 3rd day you may go around 3 streets.
- As you gain more confidence you can circle your block and then hit the freeway.
- Go Online for Defensive Driving Course for safe driv...
Defensive Driving course material is occasionally sought out by those who simply wish to become a better driver. More often, it’s being assigned to them by a judge or court, or a potential employer who wants...
- Some Don'ts of Driving
When we say that you should stand by the Do's of driving, we also mean that there are certain basic rules that you should strictly follow. Many of us have the fair idea about the different Don'ts. But there...
Drive Without Fear But With Pleasure
There is no stopping you after that.You will begin to wonder why you missed out on driving all these years. But then, better late than never, isn't it?
Driving gives you a sense of freedom-you are at liberty to go where you want and when you want without depending on your spouse or public transport. And you can carry all the luggage you want. Shop for supplies at your convenience without bothering about how to carry stuff home. And ferry your kids when you need to. When you need to get your loved one to a hospital quickly, you will be glad you can drive them safely there without wasting precious time. You can arrive at your destination on time or ahead of time and you are solely responsible for it.