How To Paint Your Car
Painting a car is an important decision. It can also be a fun experience. Before you start painting, make sure you have the right tools and resources. You will need primer, wire, urethane-based paint,wax/grease remover, clear coat paint and body putty. The entire process should take about five to six hours.
1) Prepare the car by washing it thoroughly with soap and water.
2) Remove excess unwanted visible dirt by using wax or grease remover. This solution is used for cleaning areas that cannot be cleaned by water.
3) Use sandpaper to scrub rough, bumpy areas. You can also use sander/buffer (which can be rented).
4) Remove the static charge from your car to make sure it doesn’t attract any dust. To do this, connect the chassis frame( located under the car) with a wire to any grounded object
5) Make sure your car is completely dry before beginning painting.
6) Use masking tape to cover the areas on your car that you do not want to paint, such as the windows and wheels.
7) Fill and even out any patches on the car with a quality body puddy.
8) Apply primer on the car. Add an even coat.
9) Use sandpaper to scrub the primer. Make sure there is an even surface.
10) Apply a coat of a urethane-based paint. Use a spraygun to spray the car with the paint. When painting, start at the top of the car and work downwards. This will prevent you from draging your coat over freshly painted areas. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes.
11) Add another coat of the urethane-based spray and let stand for another 30 to 90 minutes.
12) When the color has dried, apply three clear coats. Let the coats dry for fifteen minutes after you apply them.
Things To Keep In Mind
You might want to research environmental laws regarding mixing and spraying paints at home. You can find information at the local fire department or autobody supply store
- How to Paint a Car | eHow.com
How to Paint a Car. Do you believe that things turn out right only if you do it yourself? If yes, here is the solution for your problem - Paint your car yourself. The entire activity can take about five to six hours....
- Paint Your Car at Home
Having a car with nice paint is both the biggest reward and the biggest hassle in car crafting. Between searching for a paint shop that will do a complete repaint on