- Automotive Makes & Models
How to Remove a Headlight and Motor in a 1991-94 Mercury Capri
One common issue with any 1991-94 Mercury Capri model is replacing and removing the small motor that lowers and raises the pop-up headlights. Over time, they cease working and that leaves the owner to replace it or manually raise or lower it. Luckily, the process is not hard. To remove the headlight, do the following:
- Raise the headlight and then open the hood.
- Remove the windshield washer reservoir or cooler reservoir, depending on which light.
- Remove the bezel and headlamp by removing the four screws retaining the outer bezel enclosing the entire headlight assembly. Do not touch the headlight adjusting screws.
- Remove headlight and unplug. Route the wiring away from the work area.
- Remove the screws and cover from headlight assembly.
- Remove the bolts retaining the headlight assembly to body. Do not adjust linkage.
To remove the headlight motor, do the following:
- Complete the above steps.
- Remove nut retaining linkage to motor.
- Remove three retaining bolts and motor.