Jaguar XF Buying Guide: Explore Before Buying
Overview on Jaguar XF
The Jaguar XF has a Codename of X250 and it is an executive/mid-size luxury car and estate. Also, it's one of the most remarkable cars in the world. As you most likely know, the Jaguar XFs are those cars produced by Jaguar the British car manufacturer. The XF's debut was in autumn 2007 as a replacement for the Jaguar S-Type.
The multi-award-winning Jaguar XF is well-known for its innovative design, performance, fuel-efficiency, lower emissions, and luxury. Its sales considerably exploded when it fast-tracked and retrofitted an all-wheel-drive system to the XF and XJ luxury sedans. In April 2011, Jaguar revealed the details of a facelift for the XF at the New York International Auto Show.
The facelift included noticeable tweaks that have improved the front and rear design based on the original Jaguar C-XF concept car and have improved the internal trim. Also, the facelift included adaptive cruise control, a new four-cylinder 187 bhp 2.2-liter diesel engine, an eight-speed automatic transmission, a stop/start technology, and lower fuel consumption.
The Jaguar XF was launched in two main kinds: the XF Saloon and the XF Sportbrake.
- XF Saloon: This model is ergonomically designed to give you a space for comfort and luxury. Also, to give you an enhanced driving experience while enjoying the agile handling of a rigid bodyshell.
- XF Sportbrake: This model is ergonomically designed to give you the convenience, versatility, performance, and the powerful sporting style of an estate. Also, to give you improved fuel efficiency and space to carry any sporting load. The XFR-S Sportbrake is the most remarkable estate car among the range as it is the top-rated in terms of performance, practicality, agility, and versatility.
AWD stands for "All Wheel Drive" and it's a sophisticated setup, which Jaguar markets as Instinctive All Wheel Drive that helps with traction and acceleration. This system has the ability to preload or passes up to 50% of the available torque to the front wheels to provide you with optimized traction when accelerating from a dead stop or whenever the conditions dictate. Once underway, it sends the bulk of the torque back to the rear wheels for maximum acceleration.
Paired to a ZF-supplied eight-speed automatic transmission, The V6 rev and spin smoothly to its 6500-rpm horsepower peak. The thrust comes out along with a reserved soundtrack well-tailored to the XF’s classy exterior.
The Differences Between V6 and Straight-Six Engines
Jaguar XF: Specifications and Benefits
- With the high-quality materials, wood veneers, leather, knurled aluminum, and the sweeping and curvy lines of the interior, the Jaguar XF combines almost everything you need in Jaguar vehicles.
- Four distinct body styles display a contemporary sporting elegance and refined power.
- A range of intuitive and innovative technologies is in place to help increase the output power with nearly effortless handling while increasing your driving pleasure and agility.
- A fancy and luxurious interior is ergonomically designed to ensure maximum comfort and elegance. Also, the interior components are designed to give the ultimate practicality and versatility with every component ergonomically tailored. When you buy, you can choose from 19 color themes, 11 real wood veneers and, 9 leather colors and 4 grades. Besides, you can choose the materials depending upon your preferences as if you tailor the interior design before buying.
- The enhanced Infotainment System is designed to give you the ultimate pleasure. With the 7-inch Touch Screen that is located in the center console, you can use either your fingertip control or your spoken command to enjoy the infotainment. In case of using the spoken command, all you have to do is to use your voice, meaning it's a hands-free control.
- With the Adaptive Dynamics System, you can enjoy more comfort as this system adapt the suspension for enhanced comfort.
- The brake is firm, smooth and responsive.
- The Jaguar XF has a Servotronic Steering system which is considered a striking and distinct steering system in today's technology. The Servotronic steering is a system where the power that goes to the steering input is variable and adjustable depending upon your pace to give you the maximum steering control potential. In other words, the Servotronic Steering system is a variable-ratio-power assisted steering system. Therefore, you are going to have a finer performance and precision at various speeds. With that light, accurate and responsive steering, the XF is more dynamic and reassuring and in real-life use than its middling 0.84-g skidpad figure would indicate.
- A sophisticated ZF 8-speed gearbox transmission is in place to give you the smoothest gear shifts that you ever wished. With this advanced gear transmission, you will feel as though the car has become a docile or a tame machine in your hand.
- The chassis is the fundamental component and the backbone of the Jaguar XF. The chassis can be cycled through 3 modes; normal, dynamic, and winter. Each mode tailors the engine response, shift characteristics, stability control, and AWD system to the task at hand. In the dynamic mode, the vehicle slightly understeers while in the winter mode the vehicle sends a portion of the available torque forward for more acceleration especially in snowy roads.
- The Jaguar XF is equipped with a stop/start system that instinctively shuts down the engine whenever the car stops. However, when you release the brake pedal, the engine purrs into life again.
- If you want a more assertive look, you can add some aerodynamic components such as a front bumper, a rear spoiler and valance, and side sills. If you prefer an upgraded sports saloon with a good performance, the XFR which has quad exhausts, the optional XFR Speed Pack, and the XFR-S, are the pick.
- All Jaguar XF models have 8-speed automatic transmission and rear-wheel drive with engines ranging from a 240 hp 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-four to a stonking 550 hp supercharged V8. However, the all-wheel-drive (AWD) is optional on the V6 as the AWD XF comes paired exclusively with the 340 hp 3.0-liter supercharged V6, which churns up 332 lb-ft of twist from 3500 to 5000 rpm.
- A good selection of powerful and refined engines is available to suit every driver and driving style. Those engines can deliver power and performance with improved fuel economy. The 240 hp 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder is considered the base engine, however, the optional 340 hp 3.0 liter supercharged V6 and the 5.0 liter supercharged V8 are recommended in terms of efficiency.
The four premium diesel engines:
2.2 liter, i4 200 Turbocharged Diesel.
3.0 liter 240 Turbocharged Diesel.
3.0 liter 275 Turbocharged Diesel S.
2.2 liter, i4 163 Turbocharged Diesel, the most economical.
The five petrol engines with greater performance:
2.0 liter 240 Turbocharged.
3.0 liter V6 340 Supercharged.
3.0 liter V6 340 Supercharged AWD.
5.0 liter V8 510 Supercharged.
5.0 liter V8 550 Supercharged on the XFR-S.
Jaguar XF 3.0 liter V6 340 Supercharged AWD
This model emphasizes luxury over sportiness and it's available in either sport or portfolio trim for almost the same MSRP. As a sport or portfolio trim, you can find heated and cooled power front seats, soft-grain leather trim with contrasting stitching and a faux-suede headliner, a heated steering wheel, adaptive headlamps, heated windshield, and fancy silver paint. However, the Sport trim adds sport seats and swaps the Portfolio’s 19-inch wheels for 20-inch wheels.
Jaguar XF's Popular Models
There is an excellent array of Jaguar XF models.
For some of the Saloon models there are:
- XF R-Sport
- XF Portfolio
- XF Luxury
- XF Premium Luxury
- XF SE
- XFR Dynamic
For some of the Sportbrake models there are:
- XF Sportbrake SE
- XF Sportbrake Luxury
- XF Sportbrake R-Sport
- XF Sportbrake Portfolio
- XFR-S Sportbrake
With the Jaguar XF notably a sports sedan, you can stand out from the typical luxury herd.