- Motorcycles, Sports Bikes & Riding
Top 10 Gifts for Bike Lovers|2015
Gifts for Bike Enthusiasts
It can be tricky trying to decide what gifts to buy for the important people in your life. If you are searching for the perfect gift for a bike enthusiast, there are a lot of different types of bike themed presents: clothing and apparel, bike accessories/parts, bike gadgets or a spiffy new bike. Depending on what your budget is to spend on bike themed gifts, there are plenty of options. You might just fall in love with these gift ideas so much that you buy some sweet bike gadgets for yourself. It's amazing all the innovative bike trinkets and tools out there and bike accessories just seem to be getting more and more stylish these days. I'm breaking down the top 10 bike gifts from least expensive to most expensive. All of these products are must-haves for the cycling enthusiasts in your life.
1. Performance Gel Bar tape
2. Thermal Leg Warmer
3. Bike Jacket-Outer shell
Fizik Performance Bar Tape-$21.99
When it comes to arm fatigue and feeling better after a long ride, performance bar tape is where it's at! The Fizik performance bar tape will give riders an edge on comfort and grip. The tape finish is super strong and stretch resistant, plus there's 3 mm of padding to prevent fatigue.
Pearl Izumi Men's Elite Thermal Leg Warmer-$36.28
- 0.45" high
- New ELITE Thermal Fleece with anatomic construction to provide versatile warmth and a no compromise fit.
- Gear designed and constructed to fit perfectly to the body in motion. The perfect balance of anatomic fit, performance engineered materials and the personal interface between athlete and gear.
- 4 core fabric technologies (Transfer, Barrier, Thermal and Softshell ) create a system that works to help you maintain the perfect temperature for the weather conditions and activity range day in and day out
- Pearl Izumi product is built to last the lifetime of the garment.
Pearl Izumi Men's Elite Barrier Jacket-$50
- 100% Polyester
- Windproof and water resistant biking jacket for men
- Lightweight Elite-Barrier fabric for top-notch weather protection
- Direct-Vent panels for superior ventilation
- Contoured, shaped sleeve hem adds warmth; elasticized hem and cuffs
- Machine washable (no fabric softeners)
4. Bike Tools
You can never have enough bike tools, am I right? You never know when you're going to get an unexpected flat tire or when you'll need to tighten bolts that have come loose. It also helps to have bike tools that are travel sized, preferably sized to fit in a saddle bag or pouch. The Topeak Alien II 26-Function Bicycle Tool has everything you need for your to-go lifestyle on a bike:
- 26 Tools Total
- 2 Piece Body
- 270g / 0.60 lb
- Hardened Steel (Tools), Engineering Grade Plastic (Body)
- Includes HD Nylon Bag With Clip
5. Wall Mount Bike Hanger
Wall Mount Bike Hanger
Topeak One Up Wall Mount Bike Hanger-$37.32
Wall mount bike hooks are the way to go for bike storage, especially if you're trying to maximize your space. These wall mount hangers are perfect for cyclists that live in apartments or condos, as they don't take up any floor space at all.
Here are the specs:
- Elegant wall-mounted single bike storage solution
- Molded rubber bar keeps bike from twisting
- 2 extra hooks for hanging clothing, helmets or other accessories
- Rubber pads prevent tires from marking walls
- 1 bike mount
- Material: Aluminum/plastic
- Maximum Tire Width: 2.35 inches
- Maximum Weight Capacity: 35 pounds
- Size: 12.6 by 9.8 by 5.5 inches (L x W x H)
- Weight: 1.54 pounds
6. Vintage Tool Bag
7. Soft Shell Cycling Gloves
Cycling Tool Bags-$85
The Brooks Saddles Challenge Tool Bag is beyond vintage, the tool bag was designed and patented in 1896. Made of honey leather, this accessory bike bag is not only functional and essential for any serious biker, but it's extremely fashionable and built to last.
Here are the specs:
- Fits the Rear of a Saddle with Bag Loops
- Buckles that Fasten to Saddle located inside the bag
- Inside Buckles Ensure Security
- Strap that Secures the Unit Encircles the Tools it Carries, to Prevent them from Rattling during Transit
- Vegetable Tanned Leather from Europe
Warm and Waterproof Bike Gloves-$103
If you're buying for someone who is a commuter biker and for someone who goes for long rides or for a biker who has to endure cold and rainy weather, a shiny new pair of biking gloves might be the perfect fit. The Pearl Izumi Pro Softshell WxB 3X1 Gloves are the warmest, but surprizinly, not bulky at all which is perfect for shifting and braking. The Primaloft® insulated shell protects hands from harsh rain, hail, snow and wind. The shell is also completely waterproof and has reflective properties, perfect for low-light visibility. The nice thing about these biking gloves is that the rider has the option to either wear the inner shell or outer shell, depending on the severity of the weather. As for handling feature, the natural carbon leather palm resists wear and provides a secure grip.
Here are the specs:
- 1" high
- Thermal Lite liner with a completely waterproof, Primaloft® insulated shell for maximum versatility in the nastiest weather.
- P.R.O. Barrier WxB with Outdry® provides water protection by bonding the waterproof, breathable membrane directly to the external layer of the glove
- Primaloft® insulation provides warmth without bulk
- Shell: Back of Hand: 73% nylon 14% spandex 13% polyester; Palm: 52% Leather 29% nylon 19% polyurethane; Liner: Back of Hand: 77% polyester 16% spandex 7% nylon; Palm: 72% polyester 16% spandex 7% nylon 5% polyurethane.
- Pittards WR100X natural carbon leather palm resists wear and provides a secure grip.
- Closure: elastic cuff, hook-and-loop
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year
9. Garmin Heart-Rate Monitor
Garmin Edge 500 Cycling GPS-$250
The Garmin Edge 500 really does it all in terms of bike technology. For performance cyclists, this bike computer will enhance the whole process of cycling and take you to the next level. The Garmin Edge 500 tracks your distance, speed, location and elevation with high sensitivity GPS. This device easily mounts to the stem or handlebars of your bike.
During your ride, Edge 500 measures your speed, distance, time, calories burned, altitude, climb and descent, and records this data for your review. For extra-precise climb and descent data, Edge 500 also incorporates a barometric altimeter to pinpoint changes in elevation. All Edge 500 versions work with third-party ANT+-enabled power meters to display your power output in watts as you ride.
10. Entry Level Road Bike
Entry Level Road Bike
Giordano Libero 1.6 White/Red Men's Road Bike-700c-$377.99
- Lightweight hand crafted 6061 aluminum frame; weighs 23 pounds
- Alloy side pull front and rear brakes
- 16-speed Shimano STI drive train
- Dual water bottle mounts
Frame - 6061 Aluminum with replaceable derailleur hanger
Fork - High Tensile Steel
Headset - Steel Threadless 1 1/8”
Handlebar - Alloy 42cm c/c
Stem - Uno Alloy Threadless 1 1/8” 100mm x -10 deg
Shifters - Shimano ST2300 STI 16 Speed with integrated brake levers
Rear Derailleur - Shimano RD2300
Front Derailleur - Shimano FDAO50
Brakes - Alloy Side Pull Front and Rear
Crank - Prowheel Alloy Arms 170mm 42/52
Bottom Bracket- VP Cartridge Square Taper
Cassette - Shimano CS HG30 8 Speed 11-30
Rims - Vitesse Alloy 700c 32 hole High V-Profile Silver
Hubs - Alloy 32 hole front and rear with quick release
Tires - 700x25 Black Road Clincher
Saddle - Velo Road Steel Rails
Seat Post - 27.2 x 300mm Alloy Black
Pedals - VP Plastic Body with Alloy Cages
Seatpost Clam - Alloy Black
Weight - 24lbs