How to Protect Your Vehicle from Corrosion?

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

How to Protect Your Vehicle from Corrosion?

2. Shine Auto Spa profile image51
    Shine Auto Spaposted 8 years ago

I will assume that your vehicle is already painted. If you wish to protect your paint/clearcoat from corrosion, you should have a professional detailer apply a paint sealer. A quality sealer with the correct application will last for months. If your vehicle is a daily driver, I would suggest keeping a fresh coat of wax on it every couple of weeks too.

3. minneapolislimous profile image49
    minneapolislimousposted 8 years ago

If you want to protect your Vehicle from corrosion, i am suggesting you few tips go through these process.

Check the condition of your vehicle's paint and trim. If you find any chips or scratches in the paint, touch them up immediately to prevent corrosion from starting.

Check the interior of your vehicle. Water and dirt can accumulate under the floor mats and could cause corrosion. Occasionally check under the mats to make sure the area is dry. Be particularly careful when transporting chemicals, cleansers, fertilizeers, salt, etc.

Use mud shields on your wheels. If you drive on salted or gravel roads, mud shields help protect your vehicle. Full-size shields, which come as near to the ground as possible, are the best.

Do not park your vehicle in a damp, poor ventilated garage. If you wash your vehicle in the garage, or if you drive it covered with water or snow, your garage may be so damp it will cause corrosion.

working