can you convert a factory cd changer for a bmw z3 in the trunk, to use with aken

1. profile image45
    taffynickposted 8 years ago

can you convert a factory cd changer for a bmw z3 in the trunk, to use with akenwood KDC-MP242 ?

at the back you have a square connection  with 10 pins that used to go in to the factory radio, i want to to go in to the kenwood, but that connection is round . is the a adapter that will correct that

2. ArnMan profile image60
    ArnManposted 8 years ago

unfornuately most all vehicles that have factory changers, tape decks, single cd players, or any other factory accessories, become useless when a new radio is installed, not just bmw, but most all other cars out there that have factory accessories, are like that.
    Although , they do make adapters, to make, lets say a kenwood changer to plug into a bmw radio, just not the other way around.

Only thing I can suggest is get the kca-ip500 from kenwood, and get a iPod, which of course, holds 10x more songs than a changer and use that on your mp242.
    That piece normally sells for $99 but I am sure you can do alittle bit of digging and find a good deal on it on the internet.

working