jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Should smoking in the car be banned if you have children riding along with you?

1. Princess Prisca profile image59
    Princess Priscaposted 6 years ago

Should smoking in the car be banned if you have children riding along with you?

The government is thinking about banning smoking in the car if you have children riding along with you.  Government says that far too many children are becoming ill because of second hand smoke.  After all, it's your addiction.  Why should children riding along with you have to make it their  'possible' death wish?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6144602_f260.jpg

2. georgiecarlos profile image58
    georgiecarlosposted 6 years ago

Yes, I think it should! Also, I think the parents should be responsible enough to be concerned for the health of their children

3. feenix profile image60
    feenixposted 6 years ago

Smoking in cars when children are on board is definitely the wrong thing to do.

However, the practice should not be banned, and that is because government already has too much power over the ways in which people conduct their personal and daily lives.

Personally, I do not want government determining what is best for my children and dictating the legal things that I partake in while I am in the company of my children.

The problem of people smoking in cars while children are on board should be addressed through a massive and ongoing print-and-electronic media campaign.

1. Lizam1 profile image83
      Lizam1posted 5 years agoin reply to this

feenix unfortunately adults are often not responsible when they make decisions that put children in danger such as drinking and driving. Smoking in the car can create serious harm to them.

4. DzyMsLizzy profile image96
    DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago

It already is illegal here in California!

5. Lizam1 profile image83
    Lizam1posted 5 years ago

In BC this is already the law.  I think it should be the law everywhere.  I get very cross when I see adults smoking in cars with their children taking in that second hand smoke now we know how much damage it can do.

working