jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How would you say no If a friend wants to borrow your car?

1. vocalcoach profile image97
    vocalcoachposted 6 years ago

How would you say no If a friend wants to borrow your car?

2. ksknair profile image80
    ksknairposted 6 years ago

Well.. this is one common problem that I used to find. I quite never learnt the art of refusal. Its a great study and needs situation based analysis to arrive at a solution.

So, whenever I have to say "No", I simple do the following: -

1. Change the topic of discussion
    2. Counter attack. Ask something in return. (Obviously not money!!!)

3. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 6 years ago

Say no.

4. Gypsy Willow profile image80
    Gypsy Willowposted 6 years ago

Say your insurance expressly forbids it. End f question!

5. PurvisBobbi44 profile image80
    PurvisBobbi44posted 6 years ago

Tell the truth and say, I am sorry that is something I do not feel comforable in doing. I do not want to be without an automobile for any length of time---because an issue may arise concerning my family. If I had two cars it would be different.

6. teaches12345 profile image93
    teaches12345posted 6 years ago

If your insurance allows it, then I would consider lending it a good friend with an excellent driving record. Other than that, I would have to say no but offer to drive them places.

7. farru profile image38
    farruposted 6 years ago

Just say NO. Two times i gave my cat to my friends, both of time they accident sad

8. suebee62 profile image61
    suebee62posted 6 years ago

Just say no!!!! You are not comfortable with others, friends or not driving your car.  If they are a true friend, they will understand and will be fine with it.

9. profile image55
    purple666posted 6 years ago

Definitely the insurance. My insurance doesn't cover drivers under 30, so I can always say no to my children. Has worked well, 16 year old daughter got job and bought own car and older son just doesn't ask.

Closed to reply

working