I have a 1998 nissan pulsar. if there is any weight in the boot or the back seat

1. profile image51
    someonemaybeposted 6 years ago

I have a 1998 nissan pulsar. if there is any weight in the boot or the back seats it makes a squeak?

Hi Eddie, First of all, thanks for this page its brilliant, I have been watchign your videos to help me understand the way my car works better.
    The noise sound in my pulsar sounds like its coming from the rear of the car and makes it sound like seagulls are trapped in the boot (its a great joke anytime people travel with me but its very annoying). My last mechanic replaced rear struts (completely new) and its just as bad and he cant figure it out. Do you haev any suggestions as to what I can look at?

2. eddiecarrara profile image95
    eddiecarraraposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6493372_f260.jpg

Hello someonemaybe,
    When does it squeak? Just driving down the road? Going over bumps? While turning? While your braking?  If you can answer these questions I might be able to point you in the right direction. Your noise sounds like a sway bar bushing (Not the link bushings, the one that attaches the sway bar to the car) Usually they dry out and cause a squeaking noise. You could remove them and use some silicone grease to see if the noise goes away, if it does, replace them, it will cost about $10 for the parts, and they're easy to change.
    I'll wait to hear more information before I guess any more smile

working