jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How much does Green Technology influence your new car purchases?

1. Eric Calderwood profile image84
    Eric Calderwoodposted 5 years ago

How much does Green Technology influence your new car purchases?

Will you be buying cars based on what they can do and how they look, or will your purchases be based on how environmentally friendly the car is?

2. profile image0
    Gusserposted 5 years ago

Green means nothing. I buy what I want.......................

3. thoughtabout profile image78
    thoughtaboutposted 5 years ago

I think green technology not ready yet. Infrastructure, range and power is not there yet. Once it is more widespread I would definitely consider buying it.

4. gamerjimmy23 profile image61
    gamerjimmy23posted 4 years ago

Cost greatly influences my interest in purchasing green technology - regardless if it's a vehicle or some other consumer product or service. While I understand the argument in support of green technology, and believe that humans in all countries have a shared responsibility in protecting planet Earth, the reality is the value of the dollar has significantly eroded in value compared to inflation of cost of goods and services over the last 10 years. Thus, my focus now and in the foreseeable future is budgeting to pay for housing, food, utilities, and other general living expenses and not green technology that is, in many respects, comparatively much more expensive than traditional options.