jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

My Car needs a new motor... what should I do?

1. CrazedNovelist profile image86
    CrazedNovelistposted 5 years ago

My Car needs a new motor... what should I do?

My car needs a new motor and I don't have the money for it. Should I sell the car and save for another car or attempt to find a cheap way to fix it?? It's a '91 Volvo 240...

2. brittvan22 profile image82
    brittvan22posted 5 years ago

Selling it is an option, but you can also visit a junkyard and see if they can sell you one, tell them your make, model, etc. Also you can look on voluparts.com, but for the cheapest motor you will probably do better at a pull a part or junkyard. Hope this helps! What happened, Volvo are usually very good cars, did the motor lock up?

CrazedNovelistposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I had an internal oil leak that got down into the pistons. The mechanic said the damage was too great and the whole motor needed replacing. I was at my wit's end. Luckily I have awesome friends that will see that I get to work.

3. pyrotics profile image60
    pyroticsposted 5 years ago

Volos are special. Better off getting another car.

CrazedNovelistposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I've been told. Newer Volvos are manufactured here in America, but mine is old... made in Sweden. I didn't even ask about the price because I've put too much money it it already.

4. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

Unless your car is of special vintage or sentimental value, I'd recommend getting rid of it.

working