jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

How old is your current oldest (running, usable) vehicle? (Not counting collecto

1. Laura Schneider profile image91
    Laura Schneiderposted 3 years ago

How old is your current oldest (running, usable) vehicle? (Not counting collectors' vehicles)

How many miles does it have on it? Why do you keep it--because you have to or want to?

2. hoverstate profile image71
    hoverstateposted 3 years ago

1999 Honda Civic with 170,000 miles. Runs great but I'm actually trying to sell it because I got a new car smile - http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/ct … 69922.html

3. lisavollrath profile image97
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

1999 Ford Ranger with 106,000 miles. It looks like hell, but I'm gonna drive it until it falls apart.

4. Aniket Lawand profile image74
    Aniket Lawandposted 3 years ago

8 years. 80k miles. First Car want to keep it until the very end. I love to drive it.

5. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

2006 Chrysler Pacifica with 290,000 miles on it! It might not be too old, but we have put a whole lot of miles on it. She running a little rough right now though, and I think her time is about to come to an end. Almost 140,000 miles on the 2nd motor and transmission. I planned on getting another vehicle at the end of this month. I have had it, because I like it. It's been a good mid sized suv. It fits my family and dogs for vacation and has a dvd player in it, so really it couldn't have been a better fit for our family.

6. Tom Vogler profile image83
    Tom Voglerposted 3 years ago

The only vehicle I currently own is 12 and a half years old with a little over 165,000 miles on it.  It still runs fine.  It has a 6 cylinder engine that still gets me 30 + mpg on the highway.

7. Robert the Bruce profile image59
    Robert the Bruceposted 3 years ago

My vehicle is 9 years old with 140k miles. I keep it mainly because it's been fairly well-maintained (by myself and previous owner) and because I'm striving to live rather frugally.

I bought it used and paid-in-full for it. I'm hoping to reach at least 200,000 before facing any major repairs.

8. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

12 years old and it almost has 200k miles.
    I keep it because it looks and runs fine. I also hate the thought of car payments. If I were to start having expensive service repairs I'd consider buying a new car. However right now I enjoy using that money for vacations! smile

9. mary615 profile image93
    mary615posted 3 years ago

We have two 1997 cars in our family; one is a Honda Accord and the other one is a Toyota Camry.  We baby both cars hoping they will last.  I ran my Honda off the road and into a water filled ditch last night.  The Ins. Co is trying to save it.  I can't afford another car!

10. ijdmtoy profile image46
    ijdmtoyposted 2 years ago

The oldest car in my arsenal is a 1997 Toyota Sienna with over 250,000 miles. Still going strong. It's the perfect car to take to the hardware or supply store and load up on fertilizer. Can't load fertilizer in a 2015 Lexus GS.

I actually love that old minivan. Extremely reliable.