jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Should I buy or lease my new car?

1. iggy7117 profile image81
    iggy7117posted 17 months ago

Should I buy or lease my new car?

I have always bought new cars, leasing is starting to sound better to me. Should I keep buying or lease, tell me why you do or the benifits of either to help me make a choice.

2. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 17 months ago

Dave Ramsey calls leasing "fleecing" because it is the most expensive way, on average, to own/rent a car.
    Buy it cash or outright loan, but don't make payments for something you don't really own.

3. RTalloni profile image89
    RTalloniposted 17 months ago

Check out Dave Ramsey's very interesting posts that explain how a lease works and on saying no to new cars.

4. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 17 months ago

For most people, buying cars makes the most financial sense. Often, leasing will not benefit you financially unless you are writing if off (legally) as a business expense in certain industries where your transportation can potentially factor into your earning potential. This may be the case if you must travel to meet clients at their homes or businesses or if you simply must drive back and forth to your employer and cannot be let down by a failing rust bucket. While it's true that either way you'll pay, at least when you own your car after you've paid it off or paid cash, you'll be able to set aside money that you might have been required to unceasingly pay when leasing.