Roadhawk GPS Car Tracking Systems
GPS Car Tracking Systems: Car Black Box Recorder
GPS car tracking systems can be fitted to your car and they will record every journey made, including video.
You can replay all journeys your car makes, showing where your car went, at what speed, watch the video of the drive as well as tracking it on Google maps - it's like a car black box recorder.
GPS car tracking systems have a lot of uses and are used by individuals and companies to keep an eye on their vehicle. If you regularly leave your car with airport parking companies, then you never know what they're doing with your car after you've handed over the keys.
If you have an expensive car and you drop it off at the garage, how do you know if they'll take good care of it? I was out one night when a friend stopped off to chat to us, driving a top of the range Porsche. It wasn't his and he was aged about 20. The car had been left with the garage he worked for to have some minor work done on it - yet here he was out, late at night, on the streets, driving it around with his friends to "impress" people. I'm sure that goes on a lot.
If you take your car to the garage and note the mileage, then come back and there's an extra 50, or 100 miles on the clock, what can you do? Tell them ...? You have no proof, they'll say they did the work and that was it ... leaving you to feel cheated and angry.
A GPS tracker system will literally keep track of every journey your car makes, meaning you can see for yourself where it's been and when.
Garage Mechanic's 125mph Joyride In Customer's Car
One high profile case was when a customer dropped off their Vauxhall Monaro at their local garage to have the radiator fixed. He noticed an extra 100 miles on the clock. He challenged the garage and they denied anything.
But this canny customer had previously fitted a Roadhawk GPS Tracking System to his car, with full video. So all he had to do was replay the video - and then play it back to the garage. The Roadhawk black-box recorder had literally recorded the entire journey. Times, route, speeds.... with full video. No denying it now, eh!
The video shows the driver overtaking cars and lorries on the A435 Alcester Road between Redditch to Portway in the United Kingdom.
The 5.7 litre Vauxhall Monaro has a top-speed of 170mph and is a winner of Top Gear's "Best Muscle Car" award.
GPS car trackers are a great car innovation.
Benefits of GPS Tracking Systems
There are many reasons you might want to install a road safety (TEDR) camera system into your vehicle. There are benefits for individuals as well as fleet managers looking to cut running costs and risks.
- A GPS tracking system can provide strong evidence in event of a non-fault road traffic accident.
- GPS tracking systems can significantly reduce the time it takes to settle a claim.
- GPS tracking systems have been proven to modify driver behaviour - people speed and drive badly/dangerously because there's no evidence.
- GPS tracking systems can reduce fleet costs; they can ensure drivers are abiding by company rules as well as ensuring they're not doing private jobs or trips on the quiet.
- GPS tracking systems can usually be fitted in a few minutes by any user.
- GPS tracking systems are removable and can be removed in seconds.
- You can use one single unit in many different vehicles.
- The tracking system is "Always On"
- Days of data and video can be stored in a single SD memory card.
- GPS Data clearly shows the car speed at any point of a journey (or accident event)
- Using a Google Earth overlay, GPS mapping shows exactly where the vehicle has been, and how long the journey took.
- GPS units can work on a cigarette lighter, or be hard-wired.