The Best Car Cleaning Products
Car Cleaning Products for Everyone!
Now we all need to maintain and preserve our cars, and probably one of the best ways to do this is ensure it gets a regular wash and polish, some of these car cleaning products shall help you along!
Take it from me, owning and maintaining a car in the U.K. is a lot different than owning and maintaining a car in the U.S. So improvisation was called for, and pleasing results were accomplished.
I was probably one of the worse offenders up until a few years ago until I purchased my little power wash and car care kits, now my trusty vehicle gets a regular washing and polishing and looks much better these days!
Maintaining your car does not have to be labor intensified, have a look around and you will see what I mean!
Image credit: kokandr / 123RF Stock Photo
Electric Pressure Washer! - Best Pressure Washers
Now granted most professionals in the car detailing business will advise you to use the old traditional method "Hand Wash", and although I cannot entirely disagree with them, these pressure washers do a nice job! I don't have this particular model but I do have a pressure washer, this one is fairly new to the market and is an improvement on the one I have. The reviews are reasonable, no real complaints. I did buy my pressure washed solely for the car but soon found using it to clean my balconies and stairs, they do a very nice job!, so much so that my neighbors borrow it from time to time for all such tasks. Next on the list is the BBQ detailing ;)
You have a pretty nice electrical pressure washer here that delivers 1.900 PSI which is controlled by the trigger gun. A nice to have feature is the hose reel, nothing worse than moving around the car and the hose gets caught under the wheels or becomes tangled. A 20 foot hose, and a 30 foot power cord is more than enough to get you round any task! A very nice price, and I have certainly got my moneys worth over the years with my high pressure washer.
So why should we Wash or Polish our Cars? - Tips and Tricks!
It's a pretty logical question and fairly easy to answer! If you don't look after your car, you may regret it! Driving around in a car that is dirty on the outside as well as the inside is not nice, especially with today's techniques that makes things much easier, faster and conducted in a professional manner! It could also affect the outcome of the sale value when the time comes to get a another!
Washing and polishing the car needs not be a mundane task, involve the kids, friends or family members and have fun while doing it! you know it makes sense ;)
- Washing and polishing your car on a regular basis will keep it looking like new!
- To start with, make sure your car gets a good wash and is dried thoroughly before detailing commences! Although most professionals recommend and swear by a hand wash, I have a nice little power wash that I prefer to use and which ensures that most, if not all the dirt is removed. I have also been known to follow-up with a more detailed hand wash.
- Remember to wash the doorjambs, the power-wash won't get this area, so some elbow grease is required here! You may wish to use an in-between wash product for this area to help you along with the task!
- So what about those trims that are made or rubber, the tires, bumpers, weather seals, basically anything and everything that is made from rubber, plastic or vinyl, don't forget them, over the years they will crack, start flaking and start showing wear and tear. Make sure they get some attention!
- Make sure you continue to wash your car on a regular basis. Waxing will need to be done from time to time, a good indication for this is when water fails to bead on the surface. Try Mothers California Gold Showtime Instant Detailer in between full blown detailing, it produces a great shine, fast and easy to use and gives the car that nice wax look!
Car Care products by Mothers
Wax On - Wax Off!
Mothers Car Care Products are one of the best on today's market for taking care of your car! Give your car that special attention with top product that has the finest quality ingredients, and that will deliver those special results. Mothers products has everything you shall need for not only exterior but interior detailing also, reviews are good, the product is good and the prices are good, so why not be good to your car!
Gold Pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax Paste
California Gold Brazilian Carnauba Cleaner Wax Paste
Dyson DC34 Hand-held Vacuum - The Cordless Solution!
Not too fond of those bulky vacuum cleaners, cords getting tangled around the wheels, bulky attachments can't get into those smaller places, fear not, the Dyson DC34 is a super little Hand-held Vacuum that will tackle any task when cleaning the car.
I'm showcasing this vacuum as I have tested and run it through it's paces, and can say hand on heart, I am very pleased with the results and the product in it's entirety!
This cordless vacuum, because of the Dyson Digital Motor, is up to 3 times faster than other conventional motors. Built with customers requirements in mind, it is cordless free, bagless free, lightweight yet tough, and environmental friendly. It has a 2 year warranty for parts and labor, comes with step by step user instructions, although, highly unlikely that you will need to review! I for one am very happy with this purchase.
Zwipes Microfiber Cleaning Cloths (24-Pack)
High Performance Car Detailing Cloths
The Right Cloth, for The Right Job!
What better way to look after your car than picking the right tools for that all over professional job, not to mention the time and elbow grease you will be saving. Choosing the right cloths is just as important as choosing the right cleaning products, no good washing and polishing your car only to find out that the cloth is leaving a scratch mark or is done after a couple of uses! My list of preferred cloths for various jobs is detailed below, and I don't think you will go wrong with these products!
1. A nice Lambswool Wash Mitt from Mothers, removes dirt and debris without much ado and discards them when you rinse the cloth out!
2. Microfiber Cloths, the all important fast-absorbing, none scratching cloth that will compliment the Wash Mitt!
3. The Microfiber Quick Detailing Towel, one side for the initial wipe down and the other to achieve that initial shine!
4. The Mothers Microfiber Polishing Cloth is one of the best on the market for obtaining that ever special shine, no fear of any scratches or any harm to the paintwork when using this cloth.
5. Wax on, Wax off with the Meguiar's Applicator, achieve a nice all over even waxing with this foam padded, microfiber covered cloth, I picked this one over all others, especially after reading the reviews!
6. Designed for the more tougher jobs like wheels and jambs, great absorption capabilities and yet this drying towel will not damage the paintwork, these were a must for me!
Mothers Ultra Soft Microfiber Quick Detail Towel
Meguiar's X3080 EvenCoat 5" Applicator Pads
When Should we Wash our Cars! - Make sure you use only the Best Car Cleaning Products!
When, how, why, some reasonable points of interest! If you have any pertinent advice please feel free to leave in the comment section for consideration for inclusion on this page!
- Regular washing your car is one of the most important tasks you can do to preserve the vehicles look and condition!
- You may not think this is important and we are all at fault here! When you see birds droppings or bugs splattered against the paintwork, remove them at the first available opportunity, especially the bird droppings as it has acidity within and if not removed in time can eat into the paint costing you expensive repairs further down the line!
- If your vehicle encounters a rainy period or left outside during bad weather conditions, give it a good wash so as to prevent any acidic chemicals leaving their mark!
- Normally after some off the road trips or for regular detailing I first use my power spray to get rid of all the dirt and other debris, (especially for the wheels and around those areas) prior to a good hand wash with my mitt!
- Washing my SUV, I pretty much stick with "Mothers California Gold Car Wash", throw some in the attachment to my power spray bottle and then follow up with the hand wash. The Gold car wash, in addition to getting rid of the dirt and other unwanted grime, wont remove the wax or give any dull affect.
Makita 9237CX3 7-Inch Variable Speed Polisher
6-Inch Variable-Speed Polisher
Electric Car Polishing Buffers
A Great Car Cleaning Product
I have never owned one of these, nor have I ever used one of these, the closest I have come to using anything similar is using my Black and Decker sander on wood, but, my neighbor is always out there with his so I have a good idea of the type of results they provide and I am fairly impressed. I am still sitting on the fence in regards to making a purchase as I must admit I like to use the elbow grease when it comes to the polishing. The reviews for these guy's are pretty reasonable and results are good, prices vary a lot, and you get what you pay for!
If your looking for some serious suds and a rich foam that will give your car a silky lubrication there's a pretty good choice in amongst these guy's. As for my preference, I actually don't have any and normally jump from one to another, I can't honestly see much difference as they all do what they are supposed too!
Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
Ultra Shine Wash and Wax
The Brush Section!
More Great Car Cleaning products!
A brush for all occasions! Whether it's to detail inside or outside you will certainly find the brush you are looking for in this section. The California Car Duster is one of my favorite, glides over the car nice and easy, lightweight, does not scratch the paintwork and removes a lot of the dust!
California Car Duster
Mothers Wheel Brush
The Multi-Purpose Cleaning Brush with Solution Chamber and Hose Attachment was a must have for me, I love this guy, top the chamber up, turn the water on and hey presto! Let's you control how much detergent and water flows out, this one makes life a lot easier!