10 Needs of a Traveling Consultant
Eagle Creek Travel Gear
Top 10 Suggestions for a Traveling Consultant
Whether you are a business consultant, management consultant, IT consultant, consulting engineer, or any other type of traveling consultant this advice may help you! These travel suggestions are post airline ticket purchase and will not include airline reservation tips or discount airline tickets.
1) Print Your Boarding Pass - Check your airline flight status 24 hours before your flight is scheduled and print out your boarding pass. This will help you avoid the check-in line at the airport and on some airlines it will increase your chances of a first class upgrade!
2) Purchase your ticket through an Airline Miles Credit Card - This will allow you to not only receive airline miles for your flight but you will also rake in miles from your credit card. Recently there have been many airline credit card offers with outstanding deals.
3) Rolling Luggage that fits in the Airline Luggage Bin
4) Try to pack clothes for your entire trip in suitcase, with the goal in mind to carry on all luggage on the plane with you. This will eliminate the chances of your luggage becoming lost, stolen, or damaged.
5) Noise Canceling Head Phones - Warning!! If you fly with noise canceling headphones once, you may become addicted. Some are expensive, but I assure you they cut out screaming babies, annoying over talkers, and if attached to music sound really good. Bose Series 2 or 3 are one of the best brands out there.
6) Multiple Airline Frequent Flyer Accounts - This will allow you upgrades, free flights, and in some airports will allow you to bypass a few security lines.
7) Travelers Insurance - Normally this will be on American Express accounts
8) Plenty of Business Cards - As a consultant or traveling business individual, you never know who you will meet, so be prepared.
9) Laptop with a decent battery life. Although some airlines do have A/C chargers not all do. A longer battey life equals more productivity.
10) Eagle Creek Travel Gear - Great luggage company with products that have the traveler in mind. Every piece they make is well thought out. My favorite is a contraption that allows you to fold your business shirt in a very small pouch and when you arrive the shirts are not wrinkled!
11) Slip on Shoes - Don't hastle with shoes in security
12) Cell Phone with Travel Charger - make sure phone has a good alarm
13) Sanitary Whips - trust me, they come in handy for many reasons.
14) Mix - Matchable Clothes - Try to pack clothes that mix together. Don't try to pack your orange pimp suit with your black suit.
15) Scan Your Wallet - All travelers should scan the contents in their wallets before leaving home.
16) Non-Alarm Belt - Try to find a belt that does not make the metal detector alarm go off when passing through security. Otherwise, you will be waiting time taking off and putting your belt back on.
* Do not carry SSN Card **Back-Up Glasses / Contacts **iPod / PSP / iPhone - movies and mp3s will br your friend ***Have a back-up of all contacts in phone
Relating Topics: consulting jobs, really cheap airline ticket, travel cheap, discount airline, travel ticket, cheap airline flight, airline flight schedule, go airline, international airline ticket, travel tip, airline schedule
Article Written by Brady Smith