- Business and Employment
17 Easy Ways to Make Money at Home
Get some new profitable business ideas for working at home. These home based business opportunities are ideas that anyone can do. Many people would like to find a job that offers the freedom of deciding when and where they will work. Not everyone is cut out to be their own boss though. You need self-motivation and discipline to stick to the job at hand. If you think you have these qualities, here is a list of legit work at home business111 opportunities.
A word of warning, always be aware that there are scammers on the internet. Never fall for get rich quick schemes. If something sounds too good to be true, it is. Don't quit your full-time job until you are sure you can make enough money. Many of these jobs take hours of work before you ever realize a profit, but everyone of them will put some extra cash in your pocket if you work at them.
Work from Home Opportunities
1. Answer Questions - Go to webanswers.com. The site has questions in almost any category you can think of and you're sure to find something that you are knowledgeable about. You earn money when your answer is awarded as the best and then someone clicks on an ad. You must have an Adsense account.
2. Write - There are many online writing sites. Be sure to read my Hub "How to Make Money Writing for the Internet". There you will find a list of sites that either offer to pay for your articles or where you get a percentage of Google Adsense profits. There are many sites that offer writing jobs online.
What might surprise you are the listing of jobs at Craigslist. I found one for a genealogy site that wants someone to do research in their county and then write reports for their customers, one that wants a writer to read their book and just give an opinion, one blogging for a newspaper and more. Be sure to check your local list. Many of these jobs pay well.
3. Childcare - To watch children, most states require you to be licensed. The license itself is either free or doesn't cost very much. A must for this job is a love of children and lots of patience.
4. Amazon - Sell books at Amazon. I've been doing this for awhile, but haven't tried it on a large scale. There are big businesses built around this. I have sold quite a few books there. The main thing is to price your books high enough because Amazon does keep a large fee. Always do some accounting in advance to be sure you are making a profit.
How-to books do the best. Used fiction is priced so low that it is hard to sell. You can sell fiction if you have collector books though.
5 .eBay - This site is so well known that I won't write a long description here. eBay is not the place to sell like it was in the earlier years. At one time, I sold craft books and made a good amount of money. They have raised fees, require Paypal only payment by customers and it is harder to sell small items. The reason it is harder to sell smaller items is because between the Paypal fee and the eBay fee there isn't much left for the seller.
Many businesses make a large profit at eBay by selling larger items. I know a couple that sells old post cards on eBay and make a living doing it. They advertise and sell them for others. There is an eBay store in our town where you can have them sell your goods for you. You could start a business like that selling for others.
6. Website Design - If you have the knowledge and the skill, this is a job in high demand. If you go to http://workathome.org you will find a listing of jobs there. Craigslist may also have a listing in your area.
7.Surveys - For the right person this is a good opportunity. I often don't qualify for the surveys because I no longer have young children living at home and a person in our household works at a grocery store. So many of the surveys are for food and this disqualifies me right away. Some surveys last 20 minutes and only pay $1.00 and others pay a decent amount.
I have gotten checks from these though and if you qualify you can make extra money. One of the work at home sites says that you can expect to make $200.00 a month if you participate in a large number of these.
8. Typing - Check Craigslist. Everything from writers and lawyers will post requests for typist.
9. Selling Ebooks - This is one that I haven't tried myself, but a friend did and makes good money. You'll have to have software to share PDF files and have the knowledge to set it up.
More Info Can be Found at these Sites
- How to Make Money Writing for the Internet
Websites and Blogs A good way to make money writing is to have your own website or blog. If you want to succeed you should write about what you love. Your enthusiasm will shine through and will be...
- Work at Home Job Listings - WAHM.com
The best place for work at home mothers to find work from home jobs.
- How To Make More Money Writing for Hubpages
10. Design Crafts - Many craft magazines still take submissions from freelance designers. Just type in a search engine the name of the magazine you would like to try along with the words "submission guidelines" and many of these have them right online. If not, look on the page towards the front of the magazine with the credits and there should be an address there.
Be sure to follow the guidelines. A good design can be overlooked if you don't. Some magazines want you to send in the actual item you've designed and others just want a sketch. If one magazine doesn't take your design, it doesn't mean another won't. Keep sending it elsewhere. If refused, it doesn't mean you don't have talent. It can just mean that they don't need the design you created right now.
11. Data Entry Jobs - Check the WAHM site listed below. The site usually has a listing of these. Jobs can often be found on Craigslist.
12. Customer Service - You can get paid for answering the phone for companies. A friend tried this and she made $7000 dollars a year. One of the jobs she was given was when American Idol had their campaign "America Gives Back". Some of the companies do require you to buy their equipment to get started.
13. Make Logos - There is a high demand on Etsy for Logo makers. They feature a wanted list and there is a long list of people requesting this service. You need to learn html, but it isn't as hard as it sounds. Most people already know what they want their logo to look like.
14. Graphic Design - If you are artistic and have the skills, this is another service that is in high demand. Check Craigslist for jobs and go to http://www.workathome.org to check listings. Advertise in your local newspaper.
15. Prepare Job Resumes - Advertise in your local paper and on the internet. Be sure to include an ad at Craig's List for free. Professionally designed resumes are more in demand than ever before.
16. Take photos of your favorite things. Watch for humming birds, butterflies, flowers and even people. frame them in nice frames. Then open an Etsy account and sell them. These could be sold at craft fairs and on eBay too.
17. Sell perennial plants. Read this article about selling daylilies. It contains all the info you need to sell any perennial plant. How to Make Money Selling Daylilies
You will need to pay income taxes when working at home. Be sure to save that money in a bank account every payday. Good luck on your endeavors!