15 Tools to Save Time Online Marketing
For beginners in marketing, especially on online sources, it's a little daunting to look around and try to catch your footing. There are so many programs and websites that you can use to help you get started that it's difficult to figure out where to start. How are you supposed to get the word out about your company? How are you supposed to work on projects, meet deadlines, and update all of your social media? Fortunately, there are tools to help make your life easier. A lot of them are free, which saves you time while you make money.
- If you're looking to store contact information for your clients, Flexadex is one of the best places to go. You can store all of your contact information for clients there, making all of that information accessible no matter where you are.
One of the most important things when it comes to online marketing is social media. There's Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and at least ten other places that you can post stuff that's related to your marketing company that brings in more work for you.
- Hootsuite is smart tool that allows you to log into multiple social media sites at the same time, making it quick and easy to post on multiple platforms at the same time. It's great for personal social media use as well.
- Another tool that you can use to manage your social media is TweetDeck. It's a little less useful than Hootsuite, because it only encompasses Twitter and Facebook. It does have a pop up window that tells you when your posts go live though, which can be pretty useful.
- Passpack allows you to access your socia media accounts in one place. It saves your passwords and the emails accounts that you use, and makes them accessible to your whole marketing team.
There are a lot of different ways that people go about searching for things. Potential customers might look for things in a different way than you would think to advertise. One of the most common ways to get visits, sales, and leads for most online businesses come from normal search sites like Google. In order to make the best use of search engines as possible, one has to understand the behavior of future customers and how they search for what they need.
- There is a Google Keyword Tool tutorial available that is priceless when it comes to making sure that you've optimized the use of keywords and catch phrases. On top of the Google Keyword Tool tutorial, Google has many other tools that can help ensure that your business is seen by potential customers that are looking for someone to provide the services that you offer.
- Another good tool for this is Ubersuggest, which is a tool that can help you predict what the autofill features will say in other countries.
- Through MOz, you can see how efficient the keywords you're using are, and you can compare them to your other work to see where you're getting the most traffic from Optify has a few more tools, and allows you to create pages and emails campaigns while tracking your links, lead intelligence, keywords, and scores your leads. It's one of the easiest and move effective ways to track and create leads.
It's no use trying to set up an online marketing business if you're not planning on being organized.
- Google Drive is one of the more popular ways to organize and store your content. It makes it easy to share files and update spreadsheets. Google Drive is free too, so you don't have to worry about adding it into your expenses. You get an unlimited amount of free users that can be added to your Google Drive group, and anyone in the group is allowed to store and edit things. It's got a lot of space too, you get 15 GB of space to do with as you please.
If you're looking for something a little different, Dropbox might be the right option for you. It has many of the same features as Google Drive, but you have to pay for it.
- There was a time when Google Ad Planner was the number one tool for looking at dimension and audience size. It's been limited since then, so it's not as useful as it used to be. It only works for media sites, but it is still pretty useful. It's got a Google Placement Targeting Tool that's useful for research and remarketing too.
- Being able to analyze links is another important online marketing tool. It makes it so that you can look to see where you are and how you're doing while checking on your competitors to make sure that you're still ahead of the game. There are quite a few different tools that you can use for this, but a few of them stand tall above the rest.
Google has an advanced search syntax as well as Google Webmaster tools. It's one of the places that someone might think to start out with, because it is Google and Google is a well known name, but its services are tiny in comparison to some others. It's free, but it's not the only free service.
- SEOmoz, also known as Open Site Explorer, is a better option that it's Google counterpart. Use of this site is free, and is useful enough that it should be a favorite for online marketers. As with anything, there are a few cons to choosing SEOmoz as your link analysis service. After you've used your first thousand links, you'll have to pay to continue using the service. You can't track your old links either to see whether or not you've improved, and you can't track your competitors either. But, it is free, easy to use, and provides fast service. You can compare other sites by using a domain authority benchark, and it has easy to use tools for scoring that make comparing and benchmarking easy. You can also analyze your anchor text, and export to excel.
The one thing you want to avoid is using Powerpoint for your visual presentation tool. Its better suited for high school projects, and shouldn't be used. Especially not when there are so many other tools that you can use in place of it.
- Piktochart is one of the more popular ones. It has a user friendly interface and makes it so that anyone can use it and come out with amazing quality work, even if you're not the best graphic designer or artist. You access and edit your work there too.
- Prezi is another popular tool for working with visual content. It's a more modern and less traditional way to come up with original content.