5 Ways to Nurture Your Leads and Turn Them into Paying Customers Using Infusionsoft
Many times struggling business owners tell me they believe they aren’t achieving their desired sales growth is that their email list is too small. I know it involves a lot of work and brain power to come up with ideas on how to increase your subscribers to get sales. It can be quite frustrating, especially when you keep hearing about all those big name online marketers who are boasting about how huge their lists are.
Let me share with you a secret that I have learned by working with many different clients over the years – you don’t need a huge email list to achieve sales. Sales success can be achieved with a small email list. Internet companies who are achieving tremendous results with their list are doing 2 very important things: they are always thinking of creative ways to enroll new subscribers to increase their lists (and grow their sales volume over time) and they are always sending emails to connect with their subscribers. Influential email communication is the main key.
I’m sure you are busy growing your email database by giving away free items such as eBooks, video trainings, gift certificates and more. You are advertising and posting on social media to increase awareness about your free offers. Your efforts have paid off and you list size is increasing - but how do you turn these hot leads into paying customers? A prospect will read the email with the download instructions and will enjoy reading or watching the freebie, but most people are not ready to make a purchase after their first interaction with you. To be a successful online marketer you have to keep interacting with subscribers – they need to get to know and trust you before they begin to buy from you.
To set you up for the tools for powerful correspondence with your subscribers, I’m going to share with you the tools that I have used with my clients over the years. Here are 5 Ways to Nurture Your Leads and Turn Them into Paying Customers Using Infusionsoft.
1) Create an automated marketing campaign that includes more than just the welcome email with the download link. Set up a campaign that has follow-up emails with intervals of 3 to 7 days.
The emails should let them know how grateful you are for them being part of your tribe, offer bonus tips, discuss what your business is about and the different ways you can help them. Invite them to your private Facebook group where they can ask questions on the free giveaway and let them know you will make it a point to answer their questions. The last email in your sequence can be about a paid product that you’re offering.
As they have read several messages before the last one, they will not feel forced into buying something; they will feel that they know you and that you are an expert in your field.
2) Send out a newsletter at least twice a month that includes articles with free business building ideas and advice. Some of the newsletters can have information about a paid product and a coupon as an additional incentive to make the purchase.
3) Give holiday gifts to your list. At holiday time, tell your readers that you want to thank them for being part of your community and offer them a special gift such as a free eBook that is not available on your website or a 30 minute free red hot session with you.
4) Segment your list. Don’t just send out promotional emails to all your subscribers but use the Infusionsoft tag feature to divide your readers into different groups. By segmenting your list you won’t be sending out emails to people who are not interested in certain topics. By following this approach you will decrease your opt outs and increase your email opens as you will be reaching your target market.
Here is an example to illustrate list segmentation. You are a career coach and offer 2 different free eBooks: one is job search tips for unemployed people and the other is team building techniques for people employed in leadership positions. You decide to a do a free webinar on interviewing skills and have a paid offer at the end of the session; you don’t need to send out this promotion to people who are employed and are focused on team building. If everyone is tagged properly, you will be able to send out the email to the right group. The email messages will be effective as you will be speaking to your target audience.
5) Include call to actions (CTA) in your emails. Use words such as “Call Now,” “Click Here,” or “Learn More.” Direct readers to online locations such as time trade to book appointments, sales pages to buy a product, a blog post to read an article or watch a video, etc. The goal of a CTA is to get people to sign up for more free offers, visit your website to learn more about you or make a purchase. CTAs are very potent components of emails.
By sending emails to your list in the form of follows up and newsletters that feature CTAs and are targeted to the right audience, you will develop an ongoing relationship with your readers as they get to know and trust you. With a little nurture and care your leads will turn into customers.