7 Types of Bosses That Everyone Wants to Avoid
Got a Bad Boss?
In the workforce, there are always politics and problems. There are people who like you and those who don't. When your boss is on your back, or making you feel uncomfortable, it may be a tough choice whether or not you should leave the job or try to push through.
In any case, here is a list of various kinds of bosses that everyone just wishes did not exist. Can you find your boss on this list?
1) Micromanaging Bitches. This boss will tell you that Ms. So-and-So is your Project Manager and Mr. Such-and-Such is your Supervisor. Your Project Manager tells you that the project should be done at a comfortable pace for you, while the Supervisor says you have 13 weeks to complete project. However, your boss who supervises these two people screams at you in an angry phone call to finish it in 6 weeks! And there is no arguing with this boss!
2) Repetitive Lecturers. This boss catches you making a mistake and starts lecturing you for 15 minutes straight as if you were still a child. When you accidentally make the mistake again out of nervousness, they lecture you again, this time for 30 minutes straight. You tell them that you are sorry and that you just needed time to get used to the job. They proceed to give you a third lecture after that.
Does your boss lecture you?
3) Power-Hungry Whores. This type of boss loves to get attention and applause from others yet does not appreciate their employees or volunteers. This boss loves to show your their way, and their way is the high way. This boss will will always get angry if you disagree with them. And in fact, they will always accuse you of not listening, and tell you that your way is always absolutely wrong.
4) Sexual Harassment Champions. This boss wants to sex up every girl on the team. He has a romantic partner already but behind her back, he kisses girls on the job. He loves to touch you or hug you longer than normal. And if you suck up to him and flirt with him, you can get a promotion. They are charming but they are extremely dangerous.
Too Much Touchy-Feely From Your Boss?
5) Total Pushovers. This boss will let a mere cashier run the organization for them. They are so clueless as to what's going on with their direct reports that they will just try to listen to their favorite cashier when she says you need to fire the new girl for a dumb reason, such as because she wants to go to church on Sundays.
6) Two-Faced Pleasers. This boss will portray one image to their employees, then another image to their clients. This boss may be ruthless and mean to their employees and try to run the organization with a golden whip, yet when a customer calls, the boss's voice will sweeten and become so soft that you are shocked that it is actually the same person talking to both parties.
Have a Boss Who is a Total Pushover?
7) Passive-Agressive Teasers. This boss will hurt you so subtly that Human Resources cannot even catch their abuse and fire them. This boss whispers in your ear sarcastically that you are so young and just don't know what you are doing, and compliments you when you are clearly making a mistake. They are the definition of pure sarcasm, and their jokes hurt.
So after you've read this list, maybe you have found your current boss or your past boss described to the tee. What to do? It is always up to you to figure out what is best for your health, whether staying at the job will drive you to the psychiatric hospital, or whether the job has tough times that are possible to endure.
It is your job, and your human rights need to be valued. Whether you need to stand up for yourself or ask Human Resources to get involved, your decision remains your decision. Make the best out of your job, try hard, but don't get abused by your boss!
There is Even a Movie About Horrible Bosses!
Which Boss Do You Have?
© 2017 Skylar Wong