Best 10 High-Paid Jobs in the 2020s
Hit the Glass Ceiling? Then Try a Glass Door
Glassdoor.com is a major job search engine online that is quickly replacing many other, older employment-specific search engines in:
- The number and quality of services offered.
- The massively larger numbers of job listings gathered by Glassdoor from across the Internet.
It is great to see that this newer job search engine offers a collection of opinions about the companies offering job postings and the opinions are gathered from former and current employees and management. This gives some practical insight into each company's culture and practices.
The number and types of opinions give a good overall characterization of the work culture for each company and for the chances of success and advancement for employees on the job. When you look at these statements, you can even see differences among units in different parts of the country, which is helpful if you are looking to relocate.
As of July 2022, Census.gov reports that the U.S. population is over 333 million people, with about 160 million Americans actively employed (48%).— Forbes.com, April 2023.
Best Data Available in Job Search
In addition to the above, this company offers data about different companies than job seekers can use to do their pre-employment interview company research.
By 2015, SimplyHired.com seemed to gather and carry many fewer job listings than previously, but Indeed.com began to gather a larger number. By 2023, together, the two search engines are more up to date and useful. GlassDoor still seems to have more current information, along with thousands of opinions of employees and bosses about a large number of American companies.
In a recent search among several US cities, I found that Glassdoor provided double the number of jobs posted to the other two major search engines and all of these job listings were fresh – three weeks old or newer, most of them newer.
Best High-Paid Jobs in the 2020s
JOB TITLE & MEDIAN SALARY
1. CEO's - $218,000+
2. Anesthesiologist - $208,000+
3. Cardiologist - $208,000+
4. Drmatologist - $208,000+
5. ER Doctors - $208,000+
6. Family and General Practice Doctors - $208,000+
7. Surgeons - $208,000+
8. IT: Data Executives and Administrators - $150,000 - $250,000
9. Nurse Anesthetists - $202,000+
10. Sales Manager - $127,000+
Job Rating Elements to Examine
Use the best job search engines. For example, some older search engines have advised college students that astronauts can only work for one year! The truth is somewhere closer to 20-30 years of increasingly responsible work. Then, they start their own aerospace companies!
GlassDoor compiles lists of Best Jobs for each upcoming year, based upon three elements: a worker’s earning potential depending on average base salary, a career opportunities potential rating, and the actual number of job openings available. Taken together, a list of best jobs that results is solid information for America.
The overall Glassdoor rating for jobs mentioned above ranges from 0.0 to 5.0 and all of the 25 highest rated job tiles in the 2020s earn between 4.2 and 4.8 or better. The Top 10 such jobs range from 4.4 to 4.8.
Glassdoor.com finds the best jobs each year and rates more companies accurately than most other search engines in employment.
Additional High-Paying Jobs
Another 15 jobs include high wages and substantial numbers of openings as well. A number of these jobs are heavily involved in fast growing industries like Information Technology (IT), Healthcare, and Aerospace Industries, which include the huge and growing NASA Commercial Crew partners of the American space agency. These jobs are listed below:
15 High Paid Jobs According to Highest Demand
- Solutions Architect: This is the person that organizes the development effort of a systems solution in the IT world. This could be applied to many types of businesses. Aerospace, bioengineering, medicine, healthcare, construction, and many other industries need these highly paid workers.
- Mechanical Engineer
- QA Engineer: Quality Control is important in nearly all fields of endeavor.
- Business Analyst
- Electrical Engineer: Very important in a number of fields, including all of the Aerospace Industry.
- Network and Systems Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Audit Manager: This job is fast becoming of major importance in the new lines of Anti-Corruption work.
- Physical Therapist: I found that this was the Number One fast-growing job across America from 2009 – 2013, with a resurgence of new jobs coming available in 2015 - 2023.
- IT Project Manager: Most companies are using Information Technology these days.
- Client Services Manager
- Supply Chain Manager: The private sector and government agencies need these workers, from Walmart to the Federal Government and military installations.
- Mobile Developer: This job is growing in importance as communication technologies become more mobile and smaller. SmartWatches, Google Glass, and even a new contact lens full of technology are only the beginning.
- Nurse Practitioner (NP): These professionals work at freestanding clinics on their own, in medical practices with others, in hospitals, and as Physician Assistants. Travel Nursing offers paid travel and rent, higher wages, and many other perks and benefits.
- Sales Engineer
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
© 2015 Patty Inglish MS