Best 10 Jobs for High Pay, Chance for Advancement, and Real Job Openings
Hit the Glass Ceiling? Then Try a Glass Door
Glassdoor.com is a major job search engine that may quickly replace many other employment search engines in:
1) The number and quality of services offered and
2) The massively larger numbers of job listings gathered by Glassdoor from across the Internet.
Even better, the newer job search engine offers a collection of opinions about the companies offering job postings, those opinions being from former and current employees and management. The number and types of opinions give a good overall characterization of the work culture for each company and for the chances of success and advancement for employees on the job. When you look at these statements, you can even see differences among units in different parts of the country, which is helpful if you are looking to relocate.
For a side-bar breakdown of major job locations, Indeed.com is a good search engine to consult.
Use the Best Data Available in Job Search
In addition to the above, this company offers data about different companies than job seekers can use to do their pre-employment interview company research.
In 2015, SimplyHired seemed to gather and carry many fewer job listings than it offered throughout 2014 and this is disappointing. Indeed began to gather a larger number, and together, the two search engines are adequate. They cover the other major search engines, government listings, and individual company postings fairly well. However, Glassdoor seems to have them beat.
In a recent search among several US cities, I found that Glassdoor provided double the number of jobs posted to the other two major search engines and all of these job listings were fresh – three weeks old or newer, most of them newer.
Job Rating Elements to Examine
This search engine compiles lists of Best Jobs for each upcoming year, based upon three elements: a worker’s earning potential depending on average base salary, a career opportunities potential rating, and the actual number of job openings available. Taken together, a list of best jobs that results is solid information for America.
The overall Glassdoor rating for jobs mentioned above ranges from 0.0 to 5.0 and all of the 25 highest rated job tiles for 2015 earned between 4.8 and 4.2. The Top 10 range from 4.8 to 4.4.
Use the best job search engines. Older search engines have advised college students that astronauts can only work for one year. The truth is somewhere closer to 20 - 30 years of increasingly responsible work -- Then they start their own aerospace companies.
America's Top 10 High-Paid Jobs With Plenty of Openings
JOB TITLE AND AVERAGE ANNUAL BASE SALARY
1. Physician Assistant - $111,300+. Many of these positions are filled by Nurse Practitioners (NPs), also on this list.
2. Software Engineer - $98,074
3. Business Development Manager - $94,900
4. Human Resources Manager - $96,400+
5. Finance Manager - $122,800+
6. Marketing Manager - Over $100,000
7. Database Administrator - $97,800+
8. Product Manager - Over $113,000
9. Data Scientist - $104,400+
10. Sales Manager - $76,500+
Glassdoor.com finds the best jobs each year and rates more companies accurately than most other search engines in employment.
Additional High-Paying Jobs with Chance for Advancement
The remaining 15 jobs on the best jobs list include high wages and substantial numbers of openings as well, Many of these jobs are heavily involved in fast growing industries, such as Information Technology (IT), Healthcare, and Aerospace (including the huge and growing NASA Commercial Crew of private companies).
- Solutions Architect - This is the person that organizes the development effort of a systems solution in the IT world. This could be applied to many types of businesses. Aerospace, bioengineering, medicine, healthcare, construction, and many other industries need these highly paid workers.
- Mechanical Engineer
- QA Engineer - Quality Control is important in nearly all fields of endeavor.
- Business Analyst
- Electrical Engineer - Very important in a number of fields, including all of the Aerospace Industry.
- Network and Systems Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Audit Manager – This job is fast becoming of major importance in the new lines of Anti-Corruption work.
- Physical Therapist – I found that this was the Number One fast-growing job across America from 2009 – 2013, with a resurgence of new jobs coming available in 2015.
- IT Project Manager - Most companies are using Information Technology these days.
- Client Services Manager
- Supply Chain Manager - The private sector and government agencies need these workers, from WalMart to the Federal Government and military installations.
- Mobile Developer - This job is growing in importance as communication technologies become more mobile and smaller. SmartWatches, Google Glass, and even a new contact lens full of technology are only the beginning.
- Nurse Practitioner – These professionals work at freestanding clinics on their own, in medical practices with others, in hospitals, and as Physician Assistants. Travel Nursing offers paid travel and rent, higher wages, and many other perks and benefits.
- Sales Engineer - The median pay for this job was over $91,000 in 2012 and rising.
Sensational New Jobs
- Asteroid Mining and Space Exploration Internships at Planetary Resources
Beginning with Spring 2014, a company backed by Google investors, James Cameron, and Sir Richard Branson offers internships for Asteroid Miner wannabes. It's exciting, different, and lucrative work.
- Mission To Mars -- Golden Spike and Buzz Aldrin
Yet another new aerospace company, Golden Spike, is in business to explore the moon, while nearly 80,000 people have volunteered to colonize Mars. It makes Buzz Aldrin happy!
- New Jobs for America In Aviation and Aerospace to 2022
As global population increases, more people are taking to the air and space in order to find new places to live and resources to sustain life on Earth. A Mars colony full of pioneers is now legendary.
© 2015 Patty Inglish MS