BigCommerce Review in 2013
BigCommerce was launched a couple of year ago and has managed to serve over 30,000 online stores. All of their support and marketing comes right from Austin, Texas, while some of their company executives live in Sydney, Australia.
Those are some company facts that might or might not matter to you. It's always good to know where the company is from and if the actual support comes from the United States.
See my comprehensive Bigcommerce Review
BigCommerce - Primary Features
One of the things that makes BigCommerce the number one shopping cart is the extensive features each and every plan provides to its clients. Now, you might say that some other shopping carts come close, but in reality, they do not.
- Design your store by editing one of their 100+ professional templates, design your own, or have a designer build your template
- Add and manage products right from your account dashboard
- Over 60 payment gateways including Authorize, PayPal Express and Standard, Google Wallet
- Customize shipping
- Flexible tax system and multiple currencies
- Carousel builder
- Full access to HTML and CSS
- Unlimited product options including size, color, and shape
- Smart product rules
- Big product images
- Sell products, events, digital, and more
- Import from Excel and Quickbooks
- Control inventory and automated customer returns from account dashboard
- Mobile store
- Manage on the go with tablet or mobile device
- Built-in SEO tools
- Abanonded carts
- Coupons, gift certificates, wish lists, and promotions
- Social sharing
- Facebook store
- Conversion and reporting tools
- 24/7 customer support
This above is not a full feature list, it's just a brief list of what you can expect when you sign up for BigCommerce.
BigCommerce - Pricing
With five monthly plans to choose from, you and your business will find a perfect fit. With quick setup and affordable pricing, your business can get selling right away. All plans start with a 15 day free trail.
- Bronze Plan - This plan costs $24.95 per month and entitles you to 100 products, 3 staff logins, 1 GB of storage, no bandwidth or transaction fees, and $100 credit for Google AdWords.
- Silver Plan - This plan costs $39.95 per month and entitles you to 500 products, 10 staff logins, 2 GB of storage, no bandwidth or transaction fees, and $100 credit for Google AdWords.
- Gold Plan - This plan costs $79.95 per month and entitles you to 1,000 products, 20 staff logins, 5 GB of storage, no bandwidth or transaction fees, and $100 credit for Google AdWords. You also get the free and popular abandoned cart saver application.
- Platinum Plan - This plan costs $149.95 per month and entitles you to unlimited products, 50 staff logins, 30 GB of storage, no bandwidth or transaction fees, and $100 credit for Google AdWords. You also get the free and popular abandoned cart saver application.
- Diamond Plan - This plan costs $299.95 per month and entitles you to unlimited products, 100 staff logins, unlimited storage, no bandwidth or transaction fees, and $100 credit for Google AdWords. You also get the free and popular abandoned cart saver application.
You can save 10%, if you prepay for the entire year.
BigCommerce - Customer Support
Customer support is available 24/7 via phone, email, and live chat. Their knowledge base includes hundreds of how-to-guides, videos, and FAQ's.
When contacted, their help and support team does everything possible to make your experience, a pleasant one. Whenever you have a question or a problem, they WILL help you and answer your questions.
Pros and Cons
Pros - No bandwidth or transaction fees, low and affordable pricing, great features, 24/7 customer support, and 10% discount for yearly prepay.
Cons - The only con that BigCommerce has is the free templates. These templates are good, but can use some updating and even adding new templates for 2013-2014.
I strongly recommend BigCommerce to everyone. You are strongly advised to give BigCommerce a try before going with any other shopping cart. BigCommerce is the best deal and will save you tons of money in the long run.
Mostly all other carts either charge transaction fees or have hidden bandwidth fees.
To start your 15 day free trail or to learn more about BigCommerce, please CLICK HERE.