Different types of print production professions
Have you completed your course in print production? Do you want to know the different types of production jobs available? Well, you can join companies with different designations as a print production employee. This blog post will present a few examples of the type of print production jobs available.
As a print production coordinator:
A print production coordinator manages the entire production process from quoting and delivery of the final conventional print piece. Coordinators work with the marketing managers to provide examples of viable print materials, prepare quotes for budget, and create specifications and many more to add. They should have a thorough knowledge about In Design programs, Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Suite and file formats for print processes. The coordinator should have the ability to attend and sign off any high profile press check and be knowledgeable about print finishing technique, paper specification and colour processes. Print production coordinators are also responsible for monitoring quality works delivered by the vendors and ensure that the standards are met.
The core responsibilities of print production coordinators:
- To manage multiple projects through multiple external vendors
- To manage the production process from the initial till the end
- To supervise the accrual process for print jobs
- To support the internal team on print and fulfilment related question.
- To ensure consistency in terms of agreement with the vendors
As a print production specialist:
Print production specialist coordinates the production of printed materials or print related services. They maintain positive customer relations by engaging the customers in all the stages of manufacturing processes.
The core responsibilities of print production specialist:
- To coordinate the production of component with other external vendors or internal plant as per the requirement
- To ensure that job instructions are properly entered and verified in the manufacturing systems and plan it accordingly in the production schedule.
- To monitor the progress of jobs, confer with the manufacturing process and ensure that the final product meets customer requirements and the company’s standard.
- To tally the final production work performed and assemble paper work for billing purpose
- To assist sales with scheduling and pricing of potential business by showing price sheet and through engaging suitable operations department
As an E-Marketing advertising production specialist:
E-marketing advertising production specialist is responsible for the production and placement in advertising that includes radio, print, television and any outdoor collateral. The specialists are responsible for developing strategies and maintain different aspects of social media programming such as Facebook and mobile application.
The core responsibilities of E-Marketing advertising production specialist:
- To coordinate projects between printers and vendors including purchasing system processes.
- To maintain departmental files
- To prepare scripts for in-house and audio-visuals or in-house announcement
- To support marketing objectives by assisting the development of visually stimulating and brand centric graphics
- To coordinate with in-house team, production house or with any other outside agencies to produce, allocate and track advertising materials on deadlines
As a print production manager:
Print production manager is responsible for all aspects of purchasing, production and execution in the print categories such as marketing collateral, commercial print and ad-hoc projects. The managers’ coordinates print specification, production schedules and ensure successful attainment of printed materials. The key success to the manager’s role is to communicate regularly with the internal team members and suppliers.
The core responsibilities of print production manager:
- To build relationships with the client and cultivate communication channels to ensure proper workflow.
- To manage all aspects of production with vendors on behalf of the client concerning the current status of the assigned projects
- To inspect latent suppliers and endorse the most desirable based on the knowledge of supplier facilities, manufacturing limitation and schedule availability.
- To manage job production, invoicing and delivery
They make sure that all jobs are delivered on time.
As, you have got an idea regarding the different category of print production jobs you can start applying according to the requirement.