- Business and Employment
Easy Small Business Ideas You Can Start Right Away
Free and Cheap Start Ups
Venture out on your own with a small business. Find your niche market amongst this list of ideas so that you can earn additional income or replace your present income. If you are good at what you do, word of mouth advertisement will be sufficient to get started. So keep your money in your pocket and start your business with what you have.
Fifteen Small Business Ideas In All: First Three Ideas
- Photography. Have camera; will travel. In our age of social media, photos are
in high demand. Get your camera
and starting shooting photos. You
can sell your photos online.
Friendly and people oriented is a must for face-to-face photography.
- Jewelry Sales. You can sign up with a company that has a good reputation or sell jewelry you create. If you sign up with a company that is already established, you can do home show demonstrations and sell from a catalog. Good presentation sells are a must in this business.
- Cosmetics. There are a few major companies you can join to be a Sales Representative. Good follow-up and follow-thru is essential to maintaining a customer base of repeat customers. If you do decide to sell cosmetics, plan to recruit others to the organization to increase your earnings.
Writing. Content writing is a good
business to start because you can write your experience and
expertise. You can join content
writing sites for free. Be
prepared to write good quality and post your writings to get exposure. Join HubPages and write here.
- Home Decorating. You have an eye for decorating. Use your natural talent to beautify homes. Many people just do not have a clue where to begin in decorating their home, yet a home should be one's castle. People that can afford this service will be glad to pay for your services.
- Nutritional Product Sales. These days, people are more conscious of health than ever before. If you have some knowledge about nutrition and want to help people improve their health, get started in this business. You will be delighted at the results your customers get from using helpful products.
- Cleaning Service. Cleaning is a good service because everyone needs it. Are you an organized person and neatness follows you wherever you go? Are you always looking for cleaning products to clean your home? All you will need is good transportation and cleaning products to get started making a home fresh and clean.
- Handyman. A handyman (or woman) provides essential services to keep a home running smoothly. A light fixture needs installing; a kitchen garbage disposal needs installing; a bathroom floor needs tiling. If you can do these things, put your skills to work and make a few bucks helping people improve their home environment.
Repair. You know how to go inside
the internal workings of a computer and understand the motherboard. Lots of people have computers sitting unused in need of repair.
- Landscape. A good reliable lawnmower is essential to start your lawn care service. You can reinvest your earnings as you go to get better equipment. Good tools are essential to the landscape business. Get a tee shirt and matching cap so you will look like you are ready to work. Pass out fliers in your neighborhood to solicit business.
- Laundry Service. Take customers’ dress laundry to the cleaners for them. Get lots of customers, pick up twice a week and deliver twice a week. You can keep down your mileage cost by picking up on a limited amount of days. Busy professional and business people need this service.
- Errand Services. Run small errands for people. Grocery purchasing is a good choice, as many people do not like grocery shopping. Single parents and elderly people could use a hand with grocery shopping.
- Typing Service. You can start a virtual typing service. Type reports, essays and other important papers people need. Your best choice of clients might be small businesses -- because they have limited staff. You might be able to get a contract with a small business to provide virtual service for them.
- Twitter Services. Start a service twittering for business people. Twitter messages reach millions of people. Maintain twitter accounts and their fan base. If you are good with social media and are a quick study connecting with people, think about this fast growing business. Maybe you will tweet for a celebrity one day.
- Cooking Service. Cooking is almost a lost art in many homes. If you can cook and provide inviting tasty nutritional full course meals, market your service. Provide a good meal once a week for a family that can stretch for a few days – the family will thank you. Do this for ten families a week, and rake in your earnings.
All of these small business ideas are easy to start; fun to do; and have good potential earnings. Investigate, and dig a little deeper to find your niche business. And by all means, do not let anything hold you back. Someone is waiting for your service.
Well, that is all for now. Feel free to add your thoughts in the comment section.