- Business and Employment
Get More Customers for Your Business
Here are some great ideas for getting more customers to your business. Every business is different and what works for one, won't necessarily work for everyone.
1. Get a website. You don't need to spend thousands getting a professional website made up for your business. My business specialise in Internet Services and offer UK Website Design services and even state that we can price match any competitor that offers the same service for less. We'll even give you a 10% discount on top of the price match!
2. Send out newsletters via email to your customers. You can use your current email client (Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.) or you can use specialist online software to help you manage for "opt in" lists. The great thing about newsletters is that even if they don't contain anything of interest to your customer, they will still reinforce your brand awareness and you'll be in the customers "mindset" when they next come to purchase something they know that you supply!
3. Create a Facebook page and ask your customers, friends and staff to "like" the page. You can also use your Facebook page as a form of direct communication for special offers or just keeping in touch with your customers. Facebook also offer a CPC (Cost Per Click) advertising option similar to Google's but it's a lot cheaper and much easier to use. Some will argue whether Facebook is appropriate for every business but having a page certainly isn't going to do you any harm.
4. Special offers are a great way of getting new customers. You will inevitably make less money on the inital sale but this is a great opportunity to build your client base. People love getting a bargain especially in these times. You don't need to go nuts with the offers but offer something that gives customers an extra incentive to buy from you.
5. Customer retention is easier and cheaper than getting new customers. Look after the customers that you have and they will return again. Good customer service is important especially if you are in a competitive market. This can give you a real edge over the competition and will help greatly with...
6. Recommendations are a great way of getting new business. Consider offering your customers an incentive for recommending you to their friends or colleagues. You could even generate this in to some kind of Multi-Level Marketing strategy but that's for another day!
7. Sign up to a review site and ask your customers to leave some (hopefully great) reviews to encourage others to see what all the fuss is about. Most review sites allow you to post your address, telephone number and describe what your business does. Some sites even allow you to post details of individual services that you provide and a link to your own website.
8. Cold calling is really only appropriate for B2B but is sometimes the only way to introduce your company to another company. You should check that the people you are calling are not on any kind of TPS (Telephone Preference Service). You can buy lists from companies on the internet or you can go through the Yellow Pages and find your own. You should consider using Microsoft Excel or Access to store details about who you have called, what the outcome was and whether you need to follow up the call at a later date.
9. Learn from your competitors. You know who they are so why not spend some time watching how they market themselves and how they deal with customers. What are they doing right and most importantly, what are they doing wrong?!
10. Ask your staff for some ideas, especially if you run a larger organisation. Your staff can be an excellent source of information as they are the ones dealing with staff all day and are probably the first in line to receive feedback from your customers.
So there you go - 10 great ways to increase your customer numbers. If you have anymore, please leave them in the comments section below.