Gig Economy or Gig Work. Participants, How to Join Gig Work? Benefits to Gig Worker and Advantages to the Company
Gig Economy or Gig Work
If you are a person, who is expertise in your field, and who wants to work for a company by providing service either internationally or locally through the means of the Internet, working as much as you want independently for a specific period of time, balancing your flexibility with a competitive wage or salary or on project basis, then what you are doing can be termed as a Gig Economy or Gig Work. If you are doing this, then you can call yourself as Gig Worker. This might be a new term to some of you. Since you are a part of a Gig Economy, you can call this economy as Gig Job too.
Participants of a Gig Economy
You can apply for a Gig Economy or Gig Work if you are one of the following workers:
- Virtual Assistants
- Video Editors
- Customer Support
How to Join Gig Work?
If you are such a worker and if you want to find the right Gig Work, then you can visit the following websites. Apart from this, you will find other websites online.
Websites for Writers to Get Jobs
- Freedom With Writing
- Media Bistro
- Paid to Blog
Websites for Web Designers
- 99 Designs
- Design Crowd
- Working Not Working
Websites for Photographers
- Photography Jobs Central
- Photography Jobs Finder
- Photography Jobs Online
Websites for Marketers
- People Per Hour
Websites for Virtual Assistants
- Fancy Hands
- Assistant Match
- Worldwide 101
Websites for Salespersons
- Salesforce App Exchange Job Board.
- Skip the Drive
Websites for Customer Support
- We Work Remotely
- Through your networks
- Support Driven
- As you search for Gig Work on the websites, you will come across multiple projects that meet your interests, income sources, and goals. One of the interests is flexibility, and you can work in a time that suits you. You will also come across variable pays as well as you will have an opportunity to match your interest with your client’s interest. You will have a greater satisfaction of work. At the same time, you will have the freedom to maintain your timetable to complete the work. Freedom is a kind of wealth.
- Since you are working from home, you will be around your family. This will create a great bond with your children and spouse. You will be happier and more productive. You will also have time to have meals with your family. You can look this time as meaningful family time. Naturally, you will have a work-life balance.
- If you are a Gig Worker, who has done his or her job perfectly and effectively, then there is a high probability that the contract of Gig Work can be extended by your employer.
- Suppose if you are a graphic designer or copy writer or content writer, the company, which does not need a full time employee will hire you, and you can take this as a chance to prove your skills.
Advantages to the company by hiring Gig Worker
- When a company hires you as Gig Worker, it will save a significant amount of money that would be spend on long term on an employee. In other words, the fee of Gig Worker is normal.
- Hiring a Gig Worker has become a trend for some companies because they match Gig Worker’s interest with their objectives.
- Some companies say that Gig Workers finish their work in a short amount of time, and the clients are happy with their work.
- Gig Worker gives to the company reliability, commitment, and a sense of belonging.
- Some small companies feel that by hiring Gig Workers, they feel they are operating like big companies because they have an opportunity to hire different people who can play to their strength.
- Gig Workers do not need to be trained by the companies.
- For startups, Gig Workers are blessing because they are skilled, talented, and committed and can compete with the biggest players.
- When a company hires you as Gig Worker, the company will not have too many liabilities.
- Companies have the flexibility to use Gig Worker on an as needed basis.
- By hiring Gig Worker, companies can lower space and furniture cost.