- Business and Employment»
- E-Commerce & How to Make Money Online
How Many Of Your Favorite Stores Will Be Closing Due To Economic Slowdown?
Use Up Those Giftcards
As we all know many businesses are closing due to the slowing economy. But that does not have to always mean bad news for you. Do you ever get giftcards for Christmas or on your birthday? I know I do and I usually just toss them in my purse and forget about it.
Its a great time to use them because there will be many stores with sales and low prices. Plus giftcards are just like money so you may as well spend them. Its better than throwing them away right?.....right! It is never too early to get started on your Christmas shopping.
So this is a small list of some of the latest closings and cutting back retailers are doing.
- Anne Taylor closing 117 stores nationwide.
- Eddie Bauer to close 2 or more outlet stores by the end of this year. They have already closed 27 shops in the first quarter.
- Lane Bryant, Fashion Bug, and Catherines to close 150 stores nationwide.
- Talbots will be closing ALL of its 78 kids and mens stores this fiscal year.
- Gap closing 85 stores. They also own Old Navy and Banana Republic. Most closings will be weighted toward The Gap only and are planned for this fiscal 2008.
- Foot Locker to close 140 stores - all planned for fiscal 2008.
- Wickes - is a 37 year old furniture store and they are closing all of their stores and will be out of business.
- Home Depot to close 15 stores.
- CompUSA IS CLOSED
- Macy's - 9 stores
- Pacific Sunwear closing 150 demo stores
- Pep Boys - 33 stores
- J.C. Penny, Lowe's and Office Depot are scaiing back - didnt say how many they will be closing.
- Sharper Image - closing 90 of its 194
- KB Toys - 356 stores
- Levitz has been around since1910 and will be closing all 76 of its stores and are going out of business.
Again this is just a FYI. Many stores would not give the exact locations of the closings. But did say those stores would find out more in the next few months.