- Business and Employment»
- Small Businesses & Entrepreneurs»
- Home-Based Businesses
How Selling Lemonade is a Great Career Move At A Young Age
A lot of us had small businesses when we were younger. Maybe we did some extra chores around the house for some spare change, or we had a paper route. Perhaps we even organized our own yard sales. However, the most famous small business for kids is a lemonade stand. We did this to get some extra money to spend on chocolate or toys, but we also did it because it was fun. And even though not much money can be made from selling lemonade on the street, it teaches valuable lessons in entrepreneurship, so no matter where you are in life, you can start and run your own business.
- You find a need: something cool to drink on a hot day
- You meet that need with your product and create a brand: "ice-cold lemonade"
- Now you price it at a reasonable cost that covers your expenses and lets you make profit.
- You offer a premium service. For three dollars more, you get a cookie with the lemonade.
- You also add some incentives to buy your product, like unlimited refills on ice.
- You learn the basics of marketing as well by putting up signs on lamp posts and on the bulletin in your local grocery store.
- Increase your product likeability by pledging to donate some money to your school or local library.
At the end of the day, you have some extra money and you know how to run your business, which is a skill you can use for as long as you live. And that's how selling lemonade is a great career move.